Highlighted

I just received notice on my first bill...why is it so much???

smallard1989

I signed up with Verizon on the 2nd, I was told that my monthly bill will be around $180 for a 10GB EDGE plan, 2 smartphones, and 1 tablet.  I just got notification that my bill will be posted on Monday, but the total right now is $310!!!  I was told I will get $25 for each smartphone line a month.

Why is this not $180?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: I just received notice on my first bill...why is it so much???

zellerandy

10 gb = 80 DOLLARS

Line ACCES= 15 dollars times two =30

Tablet line access= 10

There may be a 35 activation fee for the tablet

There shouldnt be activation fees if your two phones are on edge

edge payments depending on phone could be 30 dollars a piece time two = 60

on your first bill you will pay taxes on the full price of the phone, this is states sales tax not verizon tax that probally will be 40 dollars a phone times 2 =80

Thats 215 rite there.  not including insurance.     if could be that it is a month and a half of billing depending on when your bill cycle is.  look at your dates and see how many days of service you have on there.   make sure your 25 edge discount is showing up.   first biolls can be tricky

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

Have you looked at the detailed bill yet? Activation fees per line? Insurance? Partial month charges for the days from when you started the account to the assigned billing cycle date and the new charges for the current month?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

zellerandy

10 gb = 80 DOLLARS

Line ACCES= 15 dollars times two =30

Tablet line access= 10

There may be a 35 activation fee for the tablet

There shouldnt be activation fees if your two phones are on edge

edge payments depending on phone could be 30 dollars a piece time two = 60

on your first bill you will pay taxes on the full price of the phone, this is states sales tax not verizon tax that probally will be 40 dollars a phone times 2 =80

Thats 215 rite there.  not including insurance.     if could be that it is a month and a half of billing depending on when your bill cycle is.  look at your dates and see how many days of service you have on there.   make sure your 25 edge discount is showing up.   first biolls can be tricky

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

dad_of_2

For all Edge phones, your first month bill is the going to be the first month payment (which is usally higher then the monthy payment*). You also have the taxes on the full retail of the phone to pay, not just the tax on the payment**. If both of the phone are on edge then that would be times two. You will not have actiavation fees on the edge, but you will have it on the Tablet. The first month, you always have to pay for a month and a half (or two month depending on when you started) because you are always billed a month in advance. I think that may be why your bills are higher.

*For example with the Iphone 6. The first payment is $27.15, while the rest are 27.08.

**The Iphone 6 full retail is $649.99, so you would be taxed on that.

0 Likes
Highlighted

zellerandy

so basically what I said

0 Likes
Highlighted

dad_of_2

I was agreeing with you. Smiley Happy I just wanted to add a phone example to help your answer!