Highlighted

I just added a new BYOD line. Why don't I get the BYOD discount?

Novice

So I've read that once your contract expires and you are put on month-to-month, you can get a $25 line access discount. But what if you just add a line with your own device and go month-to-month from the beginning? I do not see an option for this discount and I am paying $40/month for a device that I brought over without any subsidy or anything...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: I just added a new BYOD line. Why don't I get the BYOD discount?

Leader

Are you on the more everything plan with 10GB or more? Then go into My Verizon and then "change features" for that line and choose "month to month discount". You get a $15 discount if you're on a 8gb or less plan.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I am on a 30GB plan. When I click "Change Features" I do not get an option for a discount. I have a Basic Phone on my account and recently got the $10/MO Basic Phone discount so I am familiar with how the discount should be displayed but it is not happening for my BYOD line

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

How long ago did you add this line?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Last month. I just got my first bill with this line showing $40 for the next month in advance plus the previous 22 days prorated at the $40/month rate

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

I'd call them.

0 Likes
Highlighted

the 25 dollar discount is not a feature it is a promotion.  You will need to call them to get it added

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I called and the rep said that the promotion takes 2-3 billing cycles to appear. But it also seemed like he didn't really know and was just trying to placate me.. is this the norm? For it to take 2-3 billing cycles for a promotion to appear? I just feel like by March I'll still see no promo and there will be no record of me even requesting the promo....

0 Likes
Highlighted

no.  the promotion should be added instantly.  it can even be back dated to the begining of yoru current bill cycle

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

So I just got someone who had no idea what he was doing... this is why I hate things that can only be done by customer service. Ugh

0 Likes