I have over 6 GB OF CARRYOVER data this month, but it hasn't been accessed via my usage. Instead my usage is charged to my regular data . Why isn't carryover data used up first?

Parrori1

See above

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: I have over 6 GB OF CARRYOVER data this month, but it hasn't been accessed via my usage. Instead my usage is charged to my regular data . Why isn't carryover data used up first?

JohnB_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I completely understand the importance of keeping your bill low samntjsmom. We never want to lose you.

With the New Verizon Plan you get Carry Over data and Safety Mode. What concerns do you have regarding the way Carry Over data works? Visit Carryover Data FAQs | Verizon Wireless for complete details on how Carry Over data works.

Are you currently on the New Verizon Plan? You can visit Verizon Cell Phone Plans | Verizon Wireless to view all the new plans.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: I have over 6 GB OF CARRYOVER data this month, but it hasn't been accessed via my usage. Instead my usage is charged to my regular data . Why isn't carryover data used up first?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm glad to read that you have 6GB of carryover data from the previous month Parrori1. This question has been present to us before and it would be my pleasure to advise. Your data allowances are used in the order or services purchased. So your plan allowance will always be used first. Once the current month's allowance is used then the next allotment of data would be the carryover data, which is designed to serve as a buffer to avoid overages. If you are carrying over large amount of data consistently then there may be an opportunity to go to a lower plan and save on your monthly bill. What plan do you have now? How much data do you use on a monthly basis?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Tformby7

This is a huge misleading feature on Verizon's end that the plan data must be used before the carryover data. This essentially means that carryover data can really only be used every other month -_-

samntjsmom

Carryover data should be just what you call it.   "CARRYOVER"   able to be used or saved.   Verizon is taking advantage of a service we are paying for.   If we go over our data, Verizon charges, but doesn't offer credit for not using it all.   I have been a Verizon customer for 15 yrs but with new technology and just as good as coverage with other carriers now, We will most likely look for a cost savings with a new company.  Sprint offers unlimited DATA and AT&T allows you to truly carryover your data .  Pay as you go phones offer unlimited everything for $50 per month, I only stayed with Verizon for the upgrade options but you no longer get a benefit there either.  My Verizon bill is close to $200 for 16GB of DATA on three phones.   Verizon needs to be more customer friendly.

0 Likes
Highlighted

JohnB_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I completely understand the importance of keeping your bill low samntjsmom. We never want to lose you.

With the New Verizon Plan you get Carry Over data and Safety Mode. What concerns do you have regarding the way Carry Over data works? Visit Carryover Data FAQs | Verizon Wireless for complete details on how Carry Over data works.

Are you currently on the New Verizon Plan? You can visit Verizon Cell Phone Plans | Verizon Wireless to view all the new plans.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

This is a perk Verizon did not have to add.  You aren't being charged extra to use it.  It is, what it is, period.  Verizon made it clear on the website it was good for one month only.

I am an ATT customer, the rollover is exactly the same as Verizon.  In fact the ATT plans, prices and phone buying options are Almost exactly the same.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Just as you appear not to have researched Verizon's carryover data, you ALSO appear not to have researched AT&T's rollover data which works EXACTLY like Verizon's carryover data works.

samntjsmom wrote:

My Verizon bill is close to $200 for 16GB of DATA on three phones. Verizon needs to be more customer friendly.

And how much of that bill is for your SERVICE and how much is the cost of your PHONE PURCHASE(s)?

16 GB = $90

3 phones x $20 line access fee = $60

total = $150

I know I have 5 lines of service(4 smartphones & 1 smartwatch) and a 15 GB data allowance for a TOTAL monthly bill of $167 including taxes.

Of course, I have not yet moved to the new Verizon plan because I don't have a need for carryover data. For a bit MORE than the price I CURRENTLY pay, I would only be able to get a 12 GB data allowance. I don't see the value in that.

0 Likes

samntjsmom

AT&T allows you to keep your data for more than one month With Verizon if

you don't use it the month after you carry it over. You lose it

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Maybe you should check again:

Rollover Data from AT&T

Question #1: "What is Rollover data"

Answer:Rollover Data is a benefit on our Mobile Share Advantage plans (and existing customers on Mobile Share Value plans) where unused data from your monthly plan allowance rolls over for one billing period. Rollover Data is used only after the full plan data allowance for the current bill cycle is used. Once you exceed your plan’s current allowance, plus any available other data allotments, you’ll automatically start using your available Rollover Data. There’s no cap on the amount of unused plan data within a given month that’s eligible for rollover. However, Rollover Data automatically expires after one billing period, and unused Rollover Data won’t carry over to the following month

Re: I have over 6 GB OF CARRYOVER data this month, but it hasn't been accessed via my usage.  Instead my usage is charged to my regular data .  Why isn't carryover data used up first?

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

samntjsmom wrote:

AT&T allows you to keep your data for more than one month With Verizon if

you don't use it the month after you carry it over. You lose it

Don't know why you think that, it's wrong.

I am an AT&T Mobile Share Value plan customer.  I have rollover data and it rolls for ONE month.

It is EXACTLY the same as the New Verizon plan.  AT&T newest plan also has automatic zero overage, rollover for one month and no bogus, bonus data nonsense.

0 Likes