Highlighted

I have been with Verizon for almost forever.

damom111

Is there a way to get all the perks that new customers get when they switch to Verizon?  I have been with them for ever and I am paying $250.00 a month for 4 smartphones and 1 basic

Labels (1)

Re: I have been with Verizon for almost forever.

Not applicable

What is your exact plan? If you went to another carrier you would get perks as a new customer long time customers wouldn't get. Would that bother you? Would you refuse to take such perks in the name of "fairness"?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

damom111, Thank you so much for your loyalty! We would love to see if we can find you some savings. What calling plan are you currently on? Are all of your devices currently under contract? Please provide me with some details. I hope to hear from you soon.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Loquat

What are you wanting to get?

0 Likes

damom111

We have an old plan.  700 nationwide talk and text share with 8 GB of data.  My contract ends this month, my husband in June, and my daughter in Sept of this year.  My son and his girlfriend has contracts that end next year.  I would like to get my husband, daughter and I on a plan.  And then have my son and his girlfriend on a plan themselves.  I have been looking into the edge. The 2 smartphone plan for 100.00 sounds good, but my daughter has a basic phone, as she does not need anything more right now.

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Your son and his gf can split off at any time by doing an Assumption of Liability.  Depending on their credit, they may have to pay a deposit, and they can keep the same plan or move to one of the newer plans (that are very competitively priced for the most part).

For the three of you that are left, (2 smartphones and a basic phone) you would pay $40 + $40 + $20 for line access, and then add whatever data amount you and your husband need.  If you each use the 2 GB you have now, that's $60 for 4 shared GB.  If your line is out of contract you can cut $15 from your line access, making the total cost $145 for your 3 lines, shared data and unlimited minutes and texting.  Cut another $15 when hubby's line goes out of contract in June.

Getting new phones with EDGE may or may not be the way you want to go; your plan prices would be as above, and you need to add the $20-$30 per month per phone for the Edge payment plan.

You've got to do the math and figure out what the best deal will be for you; by taking advantage of discounts, new pricing options, buying only the data I really need, and staying away from contracts to get line access discounts, our bill is now lower than it's been in quite some time.

0 Likes

damom111

I am not sure what I am what to get.  I just know that I am paying way too much.  2 smart phones and a basic with contract ending by Sept at the latest,  and 2 smart phones ending in 2016.  I want the best plan possible, for each of us.

0 Likes

damom111

Where do I get the Assumption of liability form?  @KevinR_VZW

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

Click the following link, then scroll to Assumption of Liability and number 2 regarding how to do an Assumption of Liability:

My Verizon FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes

damom111

Thank you

0 Likes