Highlighted

I had an overage for this month due to my paltry 2GB data cap, but I just changed my plan to a different data cap, does that overage still apply? If so, why can't I view it in my account anymore?

I was paying $160 for 2 lines with 700 minutes, unlimited txt, and 2GB non-shared data.  A complete ripoff, but it worked for me. Unfortunately the other line went over their paltry 2GBs today and I wanted to grab some more data, and the next jump up was 5GB data at $20 more ($50) per line.  This was unacceptable.  Luckily they have this share everything plan with twice the amount of data, (4G) and unlimited talk and text for $140 (What the F), so indeed even Verizon (TM) thought I was paying too much. Great of them to let me know I could switch.

Anyways will I still get the privilege of paying that $15 for .01 GB of data for the amount I went over or will I be okay as I switched to 4GB today.  My gut's telling me Verizon's not going to give me back my money that easily. 

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: I had an overage for this month due to my paltry 2GB data cap, but I just changed my plan to a different data cap, does that overage still apply? If so, why can't I view it in my account anymore?

Sr. Leader

If you switch you will have to backdate it to keep the overages from happening. Also you'll pay the difference in advance. So if the difference is $20. You pay $40 more next month compare to this month, but the following month will be $20 more like it should(bill in advance). When you downgrade plans you'll get credited the difference like it should as it works both ways.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: I had an overage for this month due to my paltry 2GB data cap, but I just changed my plan to a different data cap, does that overage still apply? If so, why can't I view it in my account anymore?

There was no difference in pricing. I was paying more for less.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Then there shouldn't be a change in price. Just backdate it. Do not future date it(next billing cycle), or start on the day(forgot exactly what it says). Just remember to back date it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

"A complete ripoff, but it worked for me"

Interesting statement, If it is a ripoff then wouldn't it not work for you?? If I saw something as a rip off, I would change right away!

Highlighted

Novice

If you are in the same billing cycle where you have the overage, you can backdate a plan change and cover the data already used. If the billing cycle with the overages has already ended, you can't backdate to cover the data used, but you'd still want to backdate to prevent proration of your data allowances which would most likely cause overages on your next bill as well.