I cancelled my insurance and want to add it back

Yesterday I cancelled my insurance on my Samsung S20 5g that I have had for 5 months.  I was angry at the phone as it wont maintain connectivity whenever I drive through a 5G area and wont reconnect until I reboot it once back out of a 5g area.  Its a samsung/verizon/5g issue, assuming software but could be hardware.  Until there is an update to fix this my phone is useless in a 5g coverage area.

Figuring the 19 months remaining is a long time and probably should have it covered, is there anyway I can get the insurance reinstated?

0 Likes

Re: I cancelled my insurance and want to add it back

Novice

I believe you can just call back to Verizon support (611) and ask them to re-add it.  It sounds like you've only been off of your ins. for a short time, right?  They might ask you to stop by a Verizon store to make sure it's not damaged... that seems to be a prerogative of Verizon's to do. 

Btw, to fix your other problem, someone suggested making sure your phone has a 5g sim card installed.  I guess the Verizon store could help with that...?   Good luck.

Edit: btw, to save about $4 month, tell them you want insurance for everything, but warranty since Samsung warranties your phone for  1 year.  Then, you can add warranty ins. back on after a year, during an "open enrollment period".... However, it might be worth spending the extra $4/ month w/ Ausrion, as they'll give you a phone within 24 hours...  Samsung could take 2 weeks or more!

0 Likes

Customer Support

mkargol, we are concerned to hear you are having issues with your device, and are happy to assist in any way possible. To clarify, what ZIP Code are you experiencing issues? In regard to your insurance, once you de-enroll from insurance, you will need to wait for an open enrollment period to add once again. 

-Joshua

0 Likes

Novice

Verizon/Joshua-

Do you even read the posts that you are replying to, or do you just send "robotic posts" out to everyone?  Clearly the original poster has a question about his/her insurance, not his/her phone.

0 Likes

Expert

I believe you will only be able to add insurance back to the line during the open enrollment period which I believe might start sometime after January. You would be notified through your MyVerizon account online when the open enrollment period is occurring. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes