Highlighted

I bought a new device yesterday with Edge. If I buy out the contract today, will the tax still show up on next month's bill?

kroe1993

I bought a new tablet yesterday with Edge and after spending almost two hours on the phone just getting that established, I'm not interested in calling again just to get this question answered. I want to buy out the contract on the device. If I do so now, before my next billing cycle begins, will the tax show up on my next bill or will everything regarding this device have been paid when I buy out the contract?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: I bought a new device yesterday with Edge. If I buy out the contract today, will the tax still show up on next month's bill?

Community Manager
Community Manager

kroe1993,

I would first like to apologize for the amount of time it took to get your tablet set up and activated. We understand how valuable time is. Allow us to address your concerns regarding the billing when paying off your tablet. All taxes for the tablet are calculated into the bill on the first bill after the Edge purchase. If you pay off the tablet before the first bill generates the first payment along with the taxes will still show on the next bill.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: I bought a new device yesterday with Edge. If I buy out the contract today, will the tax still show up on next month's bill?

Community Manager
Community Manager

kroe1993,

I would first like to apologize for the amount of time it took to get your tablet set up and activated. We understand how valuable time is. Allow us to address your concerns regarding the billing when paying off your tablet. All taxes for the tablet are calculated into the bill on the first bill after the Edge purchase. If you pay off the tablet before the first bill generates the first payment along with the taxes will still show on the next bill.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Wait till first bill is paid then pay off.  Keeps it more streamlined and less confusing.

0 Likes