Highlighted

Re: I am so very disappointed in Verizon and the blatant falsehood they advertise on the website for the extended protection programs.

Sr. Leader

Not to bring up a sore spot, but insurance for damage, loss or theft, like any insurance, has a deductable. 

THe amount is between $99 and $199 depending on the device and how long you have had it.

SInce screen replacement costs between $100 - $149 for large screen, so the insurance possibly would not have covered the cost of screen replacement.  This is deliberate on Asurions part as most phone damage is a cracked screen.

I Don't use insurance and calculate I've saved $5,000 over the years buy not buying insurance.

Highlighted

Re: I am so very disappointed in Verizon and the blatant falsehood they advertise on the website for the extended protection programs.

It's better to go thru best buy, u can get insurance covers the same as store, however no deductible. Plus there is no restocking fee if u try a phone n don't like it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

A couple of things: first, coverage from Best Buy has a deductible UNLESS your claim is an extended warranty, in which case your phone must be free of physical damage and the issue is an internal one or a (manufacturer) recognized defect. A cracked screen voids the extended warranty.  Second, there is still a restocking fee regardless of where you buy the phone. True, Best Buy can tell you, "we won't charge you a restocking fee," and you are happy and feel valued. Except that isn't Best Buy's promise to make. If you return that phone,  a restocking fee will show up on your next bill. You agreed to it when you accepted the contract terms. Best Buy has done nothing TECHNICALLY wrong, because they, in fact, WON'T charge you. Verizon will, and the blame shifts. A simple manipulation of words takes them out of the firestorm.

ALWAYS insist on seeing the contract you are agreeing to rather than relying on the word of a stranger with a name tag.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

flutterfly8497 Is correct.  Purchasing elsewhere doesn't change any carriers fees or the deductable from Asurion.