Highlighted

I am so very disappointed in Verizon and the blatant falsehood they advertise on the website for the extended protection programs.

The description for the one I purchased stated: Getting equipment coverage or an extended warranty for your device means that you can be protected from damage, loss, malfunctions and defects. The cost of replacing your device without protection may be as high as full retail price. My daughters phone was damaged and needs the screen replaced however this particular plan was just an extended warranty according to the customer service rep. I stated what does damage or loss refer to then? She said that its not covered, so my question is why is it advertised like this on the website? Why does this have to be how it is? I've been with Verizon since 2004 and the customer service rep. refused to live up to what your company advertised on line but did say they would try to correct the website. I have screen shots of the conversation, if they need to correct the error then own up to this problem. I am utterly disgusted this is how it was handled with basically we can do nothing for you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: I am so very disappointed in Verizon and the blatant falsehood they advertise on the website for the extended protection programs.

Community Manager
Community Manager

slderos,

First and foremost, we're definitely sorry to hear about your daughters device and definitely here to explore options to replace her phone. We definitely apologize for any confusion in regards to mobile protection and happy to clear up any questions you may have.

Taking a look at the description provided I see that this was an answer to one of our Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) about forms of mobile protection that we offer. The description would be a general statement in regards to why a protection plan is important to have, but not a description of service. We certainly apologize for any confusion that this caused.

A manufacturers warranty will only cover manufacturers defects and defects as a result of workmanship, but would not cover physical or water damage. A manufacturers warranty normally would cover the 1st year after purchase and an Extended Warranty feature1stuld simply extend that service while your are subscribed to it. For now, do you have a spare device that can be activated or would you be eligible for upgrade? Check by dialing #UPG. If you have a spare you can easily make the switch UPGine via your My Verizon account here http://vz.to/10ITLFI.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: I am so very disappointed in Verizon and the blatant falsehood they advertise on the website for the extended protection programs.

Community Manager
Community Manager

slderos,

First and foremost, we're definitely sorry to hear about your daughters device and definitely here to explore options to replace her phone. We definitely apologize for any confusion in regards to mobile protection and happy to clear up any questions you may have.

Taking a look at the description provided I see that this was an answer to one of our Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) about forms of mobile protection that we offer. The description would be a general statement in regards to why a protection plan is important to have, but not a description of service. We certainly apologize for any confusion that this caused.

A manufacturers warranty will only cover manufacturers defects and defects as a result of workmanship, but would not cover physical or water damage. A manufacturers warranty normally would cover the 1st year after purchase and an Extended Warranty feature1stuld simply extend that service while your are subscribed to it. For now, do you have a spare device that can be activated or would you be eligible for upgrade? Check by dialing #UPG. If you have a spare you can easily make the switch UPGine via your My Verizon account here http://vz.to/10ITLFI.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Extended warranty, about $3 a month, extends the manufacturer's warranty against defects, but not damages or loss.

Highlighted

It's sort of like car insurance. If you have full coverage car insurance, you pay more but your car is covered for damages, too. With liability, if you are in an accident that damages someone else's car or property as well as yours, your insurance covers the other party but not you. You pay less per month in premiums, but have much less coverage. Now to apply the analogy to your complaint: if you hit someone's car in an accident that also wrecks your car, but you only have liability, are you going to expect your insurance company to cover you anyway for being a customer for a long time? Probably not. You already know the terms of your car insurance, so you know you don't pay the extra premium to get full coverage. We should all educate ourselves on what we are paying for and what our rights are regarding those services. All of the info is readily accessible, so claiming ignorance is ridiculous. You would not choose a health insurance plan without understanding the deductibles, co-pays, premiums, networks, etc, and you should know the terms of your cell phone insurance, too. If the financial obligation to replace a cell phone is big enough to warrant a complaint on a community forum, it's big enough for you to educate yourself on when you make the purchase.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Equipment Protection Programs | Verizon Wireless

above link to types of coverage and prices.

Highlighted

I appreciate your candid response to my issue and your opinion has been given the proper concern it deserves. Thanks for all that deep analogy, it was sure helpful. Please feel free in the future if I ever post something to enlighten us with your brilliance again. Thank you so very much.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Sarcasm is greatly appreciated as well.

Highlighted

Your gratitude is received with the proper amount of humility due it.  I wonder which part offended you more: that I didn't agree with you, or that what I said was true? I don't post here because I seek approval from angry fellow customers who require validation of every thought by every person on the planet.  I post here because I understand and am satisfied with the service I get from Verizon, and on occasion I am able to help others understand certain things as well..  I inform myself, because I know that if I am buying a phone or adding services to my account, the salesperson's primary objective is to sell.  They are paid and evaluated based on their ability to close a sale.  And, yeah, sometimes they lie or fail to disclose all information.  I don't like it, but every single commission based salesperson, regardless of who they work for or what they sell,  has received static from their boss at some point to close more sales.  I inform myself because it's MY job to make sure I get what I want or need at a price that fits my budget.  I don't let myself be bamboozled into something only to complain that "I didn't know," or "they didn't tell me, I don't care if it was on the receipt or contract!"  Forewarned is forearmed.  Don't be mad at me because YOU didn't understand what you were getting.  The information is all out there for you to find if you're motivated enough to look for it.

Although I appreciate your permission to post here, I don't actually need it.    You came to a public forum space, and you don't get to pick who can reply or post comments.  Having said that, please feel free to continue to post juvenile and sarcastic comments toward anyone who doesn't jump on the "I hate Verizon" cart with you.

Highlighted

I am a new customer to verizon. I do not make a habit of posting in community forums but felt that i could be a non biased voice on this subject since i neither hate nor love verizon at this point of our business relationship.

I can understand how someone could mistake the kind of protection they are buying for their device if the advertisement does read as dictated. I was actually a 12yr wireless customer of another company that, if this had happened to me, would have bent over backwards to see that I was satisfied because of my loyalty. So I feel like verizon should, at the least, replace the phone at a fraction of its cost.

As for sarcastic comments, I dont think anyone would have been offended by the car insurance reference and the  following explanation had it not felt like there was a patronizing undertone.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I don't follow your "unbiased voice" reference.  You were a 12 year customer of another carrier, but you don't feel hate nor love for Verizon at this point, but you are a fan of loyalty...but you left the other company to come to Verizon even after "they would bend over backwards" for you?

When someone adds a feature like insurance or extended warranty, they are informed of the terms when doing so.  Why would Verizon partially replace a device at a fraction of the cost?  That's like "selling" services and products for "free."

All information can be found here.

Equipment Protection Programs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes