Highlighted

I am a week away from buying a house and Verizon ruined my credit score in no fault of my own.

claketchum

I am about a week away from closing on a house, but was just informed by my bank that after re-checking my credit score, I no longer qualify for the loan because my credit score dipped below the required 720 because Verizon sent my account to a collection agency. They sent it to collections even though I was told that my account would be on hold and I didn't owe any money by two separate people during two different phone calls. I have one week to get this fixed and every time I ask to speak with a supervisor in the Credit Recovery Department, I am told that none are available, and I need to wait 24-48 hours for one of them to call me back.

Are you allowed to sue Verizon for this? I can't believe this is happening to so many people.Verizon's system is flawed and is literally ruining people's lives.

Does anyone know a way to get on the phone with the right person to get a letter to my bank saying that this was a Verizon mistake, and to close the account with the collection agency so I can begin to QUICKLY repair my credit score?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: I am a week away from buying a house and Verizon ruined my credit score in no fault of my own.

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Under the circumstances, paying the bill and sending a written dispute of charges would have been the best thing to do.

if the amount under dispute is still under 60 days, do so now.  Otherwise, pay it off and consider this a lesson in credit management.

Re: I am a week away from buying a house and Verizon ruined my credit score in no fault of my own.

jamann29

Verizon doesn't appear to take any responsibility for ruining ones credit when they've sent something to collections w/out notifying to account holder before doing so.  I had an issue where I had a sub account (my daughters) which was being billed to her and HER address and it was sent to collections, which went on MY credit score.  As the primary account holder I was NEVER informed via writing, phone call, e-mail, on my verizon bill, etc. by Verizon that there was an issue with this account.  Had they done so, I would have paid it so it would not have gone to collections.  I've gone from a 790 credit score to 656 because of this.  They won't take responsibility for not contacting the primary account holder before taking the steps with collection they did.   I think this is TOTALLY  unprofessional and shows total disreguard for the customer.  I've been a customer for over 15 years and never missed a payment and then I get stabbed in the back by them.  Seriously going to move to a new carrier after I am assured the item shows up as paid on my credit report.

SHAME ON YOU VERIZON!!

tru1825az

It appears that Verizon's billing department is not being run properly.  I wanted to pay my bill, but it wasn't due, so when I went on line to pay, it just gave me 0 dollars due.  I knew what my payments were, so I sent that in.  Oops, minus the $.20 that I couldn't see and didn't notice before.  I got a past due notice, and then a pay immediately.  I took this as just computer generated notices, but when I got my next bill with the .20 added it also told me to pay that immediately.

I think if $ .20 is going to break their business I should search for a different phone carrier.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@jamann29 wrote:

Verizon doesn't appear to take any responsibility for ruining ones credit when they've sent something to collections w/out notifying to account holder before doing so.  I had an issue where I had a sub account (my daughters) which was being billed to her and HER address and it was sent to collections, which went on MY credit score.  As the primary account holder I was NEVER informed via writing, phone call, e-mail, on my verizon bill, etc. by Verizon that there was an issue with this account.  Had they done so, I would have paid it so it would not have gone to collections.  I've gone from a 790 credit score to 656 because of this.  They won't take responsibility for not contacting the primary account holder before taking the steps with collection they did.   I think this is TOTALLY  unprofessional and shows total disreguard for the customer.  I've been a customer for over 15 years and never missed a payment and then I get stabbed in the back by them.  Seriously going to move to a new carrier after I am assured the item shows up as paid on my credit report.

SHAME ON YOU VERIZON!!

Seems the answer is not to have a sub account.  Kids can be put on prepaid to get them off your account.  It’s the only way to remove your responsibility 

0 Likes

boringusername

@tru1825az wrote:

It appears that Verizon's billing department is not being run properly.  I wanted to pay my bill, but it wasn't due, so when I went on line to pay, it just gave me 0 dollars due.  I knew what my payments were, so I sent that in.  Oops, minus the $.20 that I couldn't see and didn't notice before.  I got a past due notice, and then a pay immediately.  I took this as just computer generated notices, but when I got my next bill with the .20 added it also told me to pay that immediately.

I think if $ .20 is going to break their business I should search for a different phone carrier.

Why are you posting in a thread that has had no responses in nearly 4 years? Also whose fault is it that YOU didn't the $0.20? Verizon? No YOU. If you think another provider is not going to send you a late noticed under the same circumstance you're deluding yourself.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

tru1825az,

We understand that it's important to receive accurate billing and surely wouldn't want to see you leave us. We want to be sure that we're providing you with the best assistance available. Any unpaid balance from a previous invoice will carry over to the following invoice. When the full previous balance is unpaid, the billing system will automatically show the remaining amount to be due immediately even if it is a small amount as the amount is not looked at independently. To confirm, are you concerned that the $.20 is not a valid amount that was due?

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes