How to keep phone number on prepaid plan if you drop service for 1-2 months and then resume?

VWCommChat

Impossible to get thru to Verizon chat for over 8 hours!  😞

When I signed up for prepaid plan on Iphone (49 monthly, no annual contract), I was told I could keep my phone number even if I dropped service for a month or two.  Verizon would charge $100 to 'reserve' my phone number, so I would not lose the number - so they would not recycle it out to another phone.

I don't see where to pay the $100 and for this payment to be used for reserving the number so I dont lose it.  Iff I add $100 it just looks like I paid for 2 months, I dont see a way for this to be applied to keeping the number.  It would just be applied to the monthly amount.

And there is no way to get a live person on Chat 😞

Would really appreciate your help pls.

Loads of thanks,

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How to keep phone number on prepaid plan if you drop service for 1-2 months and then resume?

dilbertaz
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How to keep phone number on prepaid plan if you drop service for 1-2 months and then resume?

Weth
Sr. Leader

At $49/month, I do not see the difference between just paying your monthly costs for 2 months and not using the phone or paying $100 to reserve your number. The end result is the same, but in the first you could always start using the phone if you needed it.

$100 to reserve a number for 2 months is just ridiculous.