How to get the Verizon data usage widget back?

TRISHS8

Had an S6 and the Verizon App widget showed the usage left like a speedometer. Replaced it with an S8 and the Verizon app just shows a checkmark icon and I have to click on it to get the info. This is a super pain. I want my widget back that just showed it on the home screen. How do I get it back? I checked under widgets but it only shows the icon in grey or white versus the standard black. 

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: How to get the Verizon data usage widget back?

TamaraH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

TRISHS8-

I am also a fan of being able to stay on top of my data usage. I hope you are enjoying your new phone so far. A new phone can certainly have a different layout than older models. With the newer Galaxy devices, the data usage widget is no longer available, but we have several other ways to monitor your usage that I think you will find helpful. Tools for Monitoring Usage | Verizon Wireless

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Lilcarol

Smiley Sad  bring it back!!!!!  Check mark doesn't help.  Need to be able to see it immediate at a glance

Amec

Why get rid of something useful? 

pseudogod_99

To make you have to look at ads in their apps.  Another way Verizon is constantly flipping off customers.

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

......? Wut

I have unlimited and the widget is still there..It works the same as it always had.

Drag the widget from the widget list (check with either a white or black background) plop it on your homepage and done. Nothing changed, dunno what issue people are talking about. Dragged a new widget as a test and it shows data used at a glance.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We never want you to feel this way, pseudogod_99. I assure you that our intent is not to lessen your experience in any way. While the My Verizon app is a very convenient and easy way to check your data usage, we do have multiple ways to check your data usage as referenced earlier in this community forum topic. Here's all the way you can check your usage:

http://spr.ly/6601EF9d3

Does this help? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes

murphymoo

The widget just finally stopped working for me today.  I deleted and tried to reinstall and its no longer an option.  I just found this thread while trying to figure out where the widget went.  Verizon does not want this readily available anymore because they want us to go over our monthly data or upgrade to a bigger data plan!  

It was super useful and conveinent having the data percent right there on the screen, but now you have to open the app or text some number.  Technology is supposed to make our life better and easier, you just added unnecessary steps.

Bring back a widget that shows the data usage percent right there on the screen without having to take other steps!

0 Likes