How to get back deposit?

adehbon

Hi,

I have been trying to reach Verizon for months and how to solve this issue. I am owed $400 and Verizon has seemed to not care nor has Best Buy. My story is below, could someone let me know who at Verizon will hear me out, this is getting beyond frustrating.

I went into a Best Buy La Jolla Village Drive store on January 22nd to get a new cell phone and worked with a mobile rep called "Cody". At the time I decided to go with Verizon Wireless and told the rep I had moved to the USA about 3 weeks prior from Canada. When we went to enter information for a Verizon phone he said Verizon wants a $400 deposit which I gave my bank card to do. Then Verizon decided to decline my application and he said they will not give you the phone, so I left and was told the money would deposited back right away.

The money was never deposited back, I revisited the store on January 30th and spent time with "Cody" again to understand what was going on. He worked with me for over an hour to track down his Verizon rep and ask what was going. After everything he said Verizon has all the information now and that and the end of January they will process it and 2 weeks from then they deposit back the $400.

To date, Verizon has not done this and Verizon will not even acknowledge it when I call their customer support. Likewise no one at Best Buy offered me any way to track this with Verizon.

I contacted Best Buy and they said you need to reach "Verizon Customer Care" since their store rep does not have the power to un-do this and give my money back, I call Verizon customer care and they send me in a circle or hang up.

Who at Verizon can solve this for me? They owe me $400 for almost 4 months now.

Thanks,

Aryan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How to get back deposit?

dealmein
Novice

You should have disputed it with your credit card before 60 days were up.  I don't know if you can do that now or not.  Call your credit card company and see what they say.

I would file a Notice of Dispute - google and you can find the form for it. 

ALWAYS dispute a charge with your credit card company BEFORE the 60 days are up.

Highlighted

dealmein
Novice

FYI - if you file a NOD with Verizon, someone from executive relations should get back to you.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/Notice_of_Dispute.pdf

You won't have an account number since you aren't a customer but someone should still get back to you if you put in your contact information.  If not, you can file complaints with the FCC and the FTC.

If you were a Verizon customer, you can request AAA arbitration and tell Verizon you cannot pay the fees and then Verizon has to pay the fees but if you are not a Verizon customer, I don't know how that works.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

adehbon, Let's get a fresh look at your deposit. Please respond to the Private Message I sent you, so we can take a look at your situation.

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

sprmankalel
Leader

Deposits are usually taken as part of final payment which would include your device purchase. There is no need to process multiple transactions for that. If Verizon wants a deposit from you it is because they are going to extend service to you but being that you hadn't had established credit they needed to hold the $400 as security for them getting paid.

I am not a betting man but I would bet that the money never came out of your account.

0 Likes
Highlighted

adehbon

Thank for the advice guys...did not know that process exists. I have replied to Joel in the meantime to see if he can help me before filling out such paperwork.

Sadly the money was taken from my debit card and when I went back to Best Buy their Verizon rep admitted an issue occurred and it did not make sense and said it will be fixed but never was done so as far as I can see.

Now that I look back it actually was my bank of america debit card since my credit card came a week after this incident.

0 Likes