Highlighted

How to find

Is there a call and text log on verizon website for the prepay phones?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: How to find

Customer Support

emu,

Prepaid does have the option to view usage online. You would Sign In, click Usage, and then you'll have options for Overview, Data, Minutes, or Messages. Keep in mind, you will not be able to read message transcripts. You will only see the record of the message being sent or received.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I'm assuming the answer is No since prepaid accounts only have Account Members on My Verizon and not Account Owners/Managers.  Detailed call/text logs aren't available to Account Members.

This is primarily a peer-to-peer forum; not everyone sees every post and sometimes an answer may not be readily available.  A response by a VzW rep isn't guaranteed and when they do respond, it can be a day or two.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ok ty for the info but I have asked someone on the phone at verizon and they said yes but don't know if they are right I know they have it for payed customers just didn't know if they had it for prepay too.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Have you tried signing up for a My Verizon account and checking?  Again, my guess is that it isn't available since Account Members don't have access to the logs and prepaid accounts are set up as Account Members.  You also could call Prepaid Customer Service and ask:

Customer Service - Prepaid
Dial *611 from your cell phone
(888) 294-6804

Highlighted

I don't have a phone yet I need to know before I get one tho plz help me

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I don't have a prepaid account, but I do know that the options are limited for those accounts on My Verizon.  If you don't want to wait on a possible response by a VzW rep or a prepaid user, I'd again suggest calling Prepaid Customer Service.

And as a side note, posting duplicates of the issue is against the forum's Terms of Service.

Highlighted

Customer Support

emu,

Prepaid does have the option to view usage online. You would Sign In, click Usage, and then you'll have options for Overview, Data, Minutes, or Messages. Keep in mind, you will not be able to read message transcripts. You will only see the record of the message being sent or received.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

ericw_vzw  - it's my understanding that prepaid accounts see their online usage like post-paid Account Members do, i.e., just a lump sum of the total data used, total minutes used, or total messages sent/received.  They don't have access to detailed logs like you'd see if logged into a post-paid Account Owner account (where the logs show the phone numbers called, the phone numbers texted, etc.)  Can you please clarify?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

Hi tikibar1,

The overview pane does not have detail. It provides a lump sum of usage information for each sub-category. There's a line for data, a line for minutes, and a line for messaging. These may vary depending on each user's prepaid service package and device type. Each shows a total number. Each line will also have a View Details link. You can either click View Details next to any one of the usage types, or you can select one of the other panes. If you select the Data, Minutes, or Messages pane, you will see detail for the selected category. I'm looking at a screengrab that was taken 5/8/15, which is the most current information available on our end. The website does change from time to time, however, so this is subject to future adjustment. Hope this helps.

EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

ericw_vzw wrote:

If you select the Data, Minutes, or Messages pane, you will see detail for the selected category.

The 'detail' that's provided is what's being questioned.  For example, if I click on the Minutes pane on a post-paid Account Member account, all I see are the minutes used Peak, minutes used Off-Peak, Mobile-to-Mobile minutes, Weekend minutes, and Total minutes (in other words, one 'total' number for each category).  Is that the 'detail' provided on a pre-paid account?  If so, that's not to be confused with actual logs that you would see on an Account Owner post-paid account, where you would see each number that was called, each number that a call was received from, time stamps, call duration, etc.  The distinction is important; the OP asked about logs being available for pre-paid, not just usage.

0 Likes