Highlighted

How to find out how to cancel my account?

I have had an account for 2 phones for a long time. I added a 3rd line and was not given the proper information on what the monthly fees would be. I am now being required to pay much more than the store representative had told me. After speaking with the branch I decided I should move my account to AT&T. I know the fees will be steep since I just renegotiated my account to add the 3rd line but I cant seem to figure out what it will cost me to move on. Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: How to find out how to cancel my account?

Sr. Leader

That will give you the cost based on when you signed up.  To cancel, visit a Verizon store or call Verizon.  You cannot cancel online though.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

Refer to:

WHAT HAPPENS IF MY POSTPAY SERVICE IS CANCELED BEFORE THE END OF MY CONTRACT TERM?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks for the direction

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

That will give you the cost based on when you signed up.  To cancel, visit a Verizon store or call Verizon.  You cannot cancel online though.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

And if you want to move to AT&T, and keep your numbers, DON'T cancel at Verizon, go to AT&T and ask to port your numbers.  When the port is complete, then Verizon will automatically cancel the account and bill you for the ETF fees.  Cancelling the account at Verizon first will make the numbers unavailable to port.

Highlighted

Customer Support

I never like to see a customer upset with recent changes and wanting to cancel, Mitchholt72. I’m definitely disappointed to see there have been any opportunities for better communication and would like to help change your mind about a switch. I’ve sent a private message here in the forum. Please log into https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox and respond to begin the journey into checking your account for alternatives.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes