Highlighted

How to file a complaint?

Not applicable

I have been fighting with Verizon to get what monthly price was promised since I (unwisely) came back to Verizon. Contacting Verizon via chat, phone, in-store, and every other way has been useless, so here I am.

Several years ago, given the verbal abuse and complete lack of customer service I have witnessed and experienced, in store and on the phone, I left Verizon for AT&T. I was not unhappy there, but decided to give Verizon wireless another chance when I got Fios internet/tv and received a “win back” promotion postcard sent to my address. The card offered me unlimited data/talk/test for 2 lines for $100 per month. I signed up in store and was promised this would go into effect the next month. Now, after 5 months, and calling several times a month, I am still paying $30 more per month than promised. I knew this would happen, so I kept the promo card and a full list of everyone I spoke to, date, and their responses every time I contact Verizon.

Each time I call, I am reassured it will be fixed and it is not. Now, the last time I called, I was on the phone for 1.5 hours (45 minutes of it on hold), passed around to 6 different people, all of which gave me a different, pathetic, illogical reason as to why I am not eligible for the promo. These ranged from “when you signed up with Verizon the first time 9 years ago, you had a different address” (so I’m never allowed to move? Plus, the promo was sent to my new address, so you know where I live!) to “it is not eligible to people living outside NYC” (then why was it sent to my current address in a different state if I wouldn’t be eligible? And I have never lived in NYC). This is clearly the ILLEGAL practice of bait and switch. Actually, it's a new level of bait and switch because I didn't have the choice of to take the more expensive deal or not, I was lied to and tricked into it!

If this is not resolved, I will be reporting to BBB, who already have pages of bait and switch complaints against Verizon. And needless to say, I have no problem going back to AT&T and getting a new cable service. This is absolutely ridiculous. No one should have to fight to get what they are promised!

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: How to file a complaint?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Why don't you post a photo of the postcard so we can see what promotion you are trying to get?

0 Likes

Not applicable

I was asking for Verizon's help, which they clearly never gave since this has been ignored for almost 3 months. Verizon lied to me and refused to give me the price I had in a written contract, even with 10+ years being their customer.

I canceled my service and will never go back.

0 Likes

BCARFAGN

Good luck, they ripped me off for $150

I hate them. They lie

0 Likes

BCARFAGN

Good for you. They ripped me off for $150. I'm retired and on a budget and they replaced my phone that they don't even sell anymore. That died in a day and had to pay $150 for a new one. Why would I want another garbage phone from them.

They lie and survive on the backs of the little people. Never trust them

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We never want you to feel lied to, BCARFAGN. We understand your concern to have a working device. Was this device replaced via warranty or insurance? We can look closer int what happened. How long ago this this occur? We would like to review our options to see if there is anything that we can do for you.

JavierMD_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes