Highlighted

How to Find an Uknown Number?

I've chatted with two Verizon employees and spoke with a third. I am now on hold for 30 minutes waiting for tech support.

Someone called my phone today and left a threat over voicemail. It is listed as "unknown number." Is there somewhere on My Verizon that I can find the call? I did find a call list but it is not there since it went directly to voicemail. I can't find any list of voicemails. I am trying to file a police report but they need the number. It is an iPhone 6s if that is important but I am logged on to my laptop for My Verizon. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How to Find an Uknown Number?

Customer Support

willecat88, we are disheartened to learn that you have been waiting for so long to speak with an agent in regard to an unpleasant phone message you received. We definitely want to do everything we can to help locate the number for you to help you in the process of filing this report. It is recommended speaking directly with law enforcement or a lawyer as they may have the ability to retrieve the unknown number, but we cannot guarantee this, however. Does this help clarify?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

After 53 minutes on hold I hung up. Law enforcement cannot do anything without the number. This is why I have been trying to get an answer from Verizon alllll afternoon. I'm a little surprised that three different employees don't know how to find the number.

0 Likes
Highlighted

And now I'm back on hold for over 20 minutes. Really? Two chats, two humans, two holds of over 53 minutes and now over 20 minutes and I can't reach anyone in the fraud department who can help me? This is ridiculous. And yes, I have the number to the fraud department. That is the number I'm calling.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

I understand that the holdtime is lengthy, I apologize for this experience.For the best support possible you will need to work with our Fraud Team regarding this concern. - AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes