How much would it cost to add an iWatch series 3 to my unlimited plan?

MMtrains911

Hello, this question may have already been asked but I'm new here and didn't see it.  Truth is I didn't do an indepth search so if someone could just provide the answer I would really appreciate it.  Trying to find out on the Unlimited plan, what the "add on" cost will be per month for adding the Series 3 iWatch (now using LTE).

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Cost of adding iWatch series 3 to my unlimited plan

JohnB_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

You've come to the right place for help. I can certainly understand the importance of making sure you know the cost of adding the Apple Watch Series 3 to your plan. First, I want to apologize for all the conflicting information you have received. Let me clarify.

The Apple Watch Series 3 cannot be purchased or activated as a standalone accessory from Verizon. The Apple Watch Series 3 must be tied to service at the time of purchase. It was designed by Apple to only work in NumberShare mode (unlike the Samsung Gears S3) and must be activated at the point of sale with an active compatible iPhone (iPhone X, iPhone 8/8Plus, iPhone 7/7Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6Plus/6S Plus, and iPhone SE).

The cost of NumberShare for the Apple Watch Series 3 is $10 a month. I trust this has fully address your concern. Keep us posted if you need further assistance of have any additional questions.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

It should be $5/month if you use NumberShare to associate it with a device already active on your account.

NumberShare FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Community Manager
Community Manager

That is a great question. The total price of a connected device such as an Apple Watch Series 3 is $20 as a standalone device, and $10 with NumberShare. This is the price for both Verizon Unlimited and Beyond Unlimited/Go Unlimited plans. Let us know if you have any further questions.

JavierMD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Will you be updating the NumberShare FAQ, as your post is in direct contradiction to what you have listed in those FAQ:

NumberShare FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Or is the Apple Watch series 3 going to be more expensive to use NumberShare than other connected smartwatches????

yarelim_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

MMtrains911​, you can count on us to help provide the answer you are looking for.  The information that JavierMD_VZW posted is correct, "The total price of a connected device such as an Apple Watch Series 3 is $20 as a standalone device, and $10 with NumberShare. This is the price for both Verizon Unlimited and Beyond Unlimited/Go Unlimited plans."

However, as rcschnoor​ mentioned, the page is showing conflicting information in which we will soon get updated. 

Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Does this mean it would be only $5/month if not on an unlimited data plan?

Or is my connected device going to go up from $5 to $10 in the near future?

0 Likes

yarelim_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

rcschnoor​, you will not have to worry about the cost of your connected device to go up.  This pricing is only applicable to connected devices with voice such as the Samsung Gear S3 or the Apple Watch Series 3.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

While it may not be compatible with Verizon's NumberShare, the Samsung Gear S2 Classic DOES have a cellular connection and CAN send/receive phone calls when not connected via bluetooth with a smartphone.

0 Likes
Highlighted

JohnB_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

You've come to the right place for help. I can certainly understand the importance of making sure you know the cost of adding the Apple Watch Series 3 to your plan. First, I want to apologize for all the conflicting information you have received. Let me clarify.

The Apple Watch Series 3 cannot be purchased or activated as a standalone accessory from Verizon. The Apple Watch Series 3 must be tied to service at the time of purchase. It was designed by Apple to only work in NumberShare mode (unlike the Samsung Gears S3) and must be activated at the point of sale with an active compatible iPhone (iPhone X, iPhone 8/8Plus, iPhone 7/7Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6Plus/6S Plus, and iPhone SE).

The cost of NumberShare for the Apple Watch Series 3 is $10 a month. I trust this has fully address your concern. Keep us posted if you need further assistance of have any additional questions.

JohnB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes