Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

How much is it to shut off a line before the contract ends?

I want to get one of the phones on my plan off but is there a fee since the contract does not end until next year?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: How much is it to shut off a line before the contract ends?

Sr. Leader

You have an early termination fee.  $175 for basic and $350 for smartphones.  The final amount is based on how many months you are into your contract. For me, I signed in Feb 2014 and at that time, after 6 months the ETF dropped by $10 a month.  So example is that I now have an ETF of $290.  Best to call Verizon to get the straight figure.  It's based on when you signed your contract as this link is to contracts after Nov 2014. Verizon’s early termination fee is now up to $70 more expensive for new customers | 9to5Mac

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: How much is it to shut off a line before the contract ends?

Sr. Leader

You have an early termination fee.  $175 for basic and $350 for smartphones.  The final amount is based on how many months you are into your contract. For me, I signed in Feb 2014 and at that time, after 6 months the ETF dropped by $10 a month.  So example is that I now have an ETF of $290.  Best to call Verizon to get the straight figure.  It's based on when you signed your contract as this link is to contracts after Nov 2014. Verizon’s early termination fee is now up to $70 more expensive for new customers | 9to5Mac

View solution in original post

0 Likes