How long do you have to activate a phone once its received?

BENGALS_FAN76

Once you receive the phone in the mail, how long do you have to activate it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: How long do you have to activate a phone once its received?

sprmankalel
Leader

As I suspected.

I looked at my most recent Device Payment Plan Agreement. Here is section 2. Pay attention to the part I highlighted and put in bold and underlined.

PAYMENTS. Payment is due as stated on your Verizon Wireless bill. IF VERIZON WIRELESS DOES NOT

RECEIVE PAYMENT WITHIN FIFTEEN (15) DAYS OF THE DUE DATE, VERIZON WIRELESS MAY CHARGE

YOU A LATE PAYMENT FEE OF UP TO 5% OF THE UNPAID BALANCE OF YOUR BILL OR $5, WHICHEVER

IS LESS, except where prohibited by law. Your specific payment schedule is provided on page 1. Returned

checks will be subject to a fee of up to $25, except where prohibited by law. Payments you make will be applied

first to balances due under your Customer Agreement and then to balances due under this Agreement. If you

have more than one Installment Loan Agreement on your account, payments will be applied to the oldest one

first, and then to more recent ones in order of age; if two Installment Loan Agreements are entered into on the

same day, the one added to our system first will be deemed older. Your payment schedule is determined by the

date that you accept these terms and conditions, which allows Verizon Wireless to apply charges to your bill. If

you order a Device that is not available for shipment at the time of order, Verizon Wireless will provide you with a

payment schedule based on our best estimate of when your Device will be shipped. Your first payment will not be

due until the Device is shipped, at which point we will charge the credit card you provided at the time of your

Order or, if eligible apply the first payment to your bill. For any Device not available for shipment at the time of

order, you agree that we may update the estimated payment schedule when your Device is shipped, and we will

provide the new payment schedule to you in writing. Additionally, if a delay in accepting this Agreement or

activating your Device results in any charges becoming due on a date(s) later than the payment schedule, we will

provide you with an updated payment schedule on your bill. If you do not activate your Device within forty-five

(45) days of receipt, you cancel your Customer Agreement, you agree that Verizon Wireless may charge, and you

will pay, the entire remaining balance owed for your Device as soon as the next bill. If your Device qualifies for an

early upgrade offer, visit verizonwireless.com/upgradeterms for further details, terms and conditions.

View solution in original post

naansalad

you can anytime but billing start the day you received and you have 14 days to return unless its holiday season (post pay)

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

You really should activate it as soon as possible. If not, there is a chance that you will get a bill for the entire amount due on the phone. Even if you activate it and make a connecting call then reactivate your old phone. You don't want to receive a bill for $650+.

0 Likes
Highlighted

sprmankalel
Leader

As I suspected.

I looked at my most recent Device Payment Plan Agreement. Here is section 2. Pay attention to the part I highlighted and put in bold and underlined.

PAYMENTS. Payment is due as stated on your Verizon Wireless bill. IF VERIZON WIRELESS DOES NOT

RECEIVE PAYMENT WITHIN FIFTEEN (15) DAYS OF THE DUE DATE, VERIZON WIRELESS MAY CHARGE

YOU A LATE PAYMENT FEE OF UP TO 5% OF THE UNPAID BALANCE OF YOUR BILL OR $5, WHICHEVER

IS LESS, except where prohibited by law. Your specific payment schedule is provided on page 1. Returned

checks will be subject to a fee of up to $25, except where prohibited by law. Payments you make will be applied

first to balances due under your Customer Agreement and then to balances due under this Agreement. If you

have more than one Installment Loan Agreement on your account, payments will be applied to the oldest one

first, and then to more recent ones in order of age; if two Installment Loan Agreements are entered into on the

same day, the one added to our system first will be deemed older. Your payment schedule is determined by the

date that you accept these terms and conditions, which allows Verizon Wireless to apply charges to your bill. If

you order a Device that is not available for shipment at the time of order, Verizon Wireless will provide you with a

payment schedule based on our best estimate of when your Device will be shipped. Your first payment will not be

due until the Device is shipped, at which point we will charge the credit card you provided at the time of your

Order or, if eligible apply the first payment to your bill. For any Device not available for shipment at the time of

order, you agree that we may update the estimated payment schedule when your Device is shipped, and we will

provide the new payment schedule to you in writing. Additionally, if a delay in accepting this Agreement or

activating your Device results in any charges becoming due on a date(s) later than the payment schedule, we will

provide you with an updated payment schedule on your bill. If you do not activate your Device within forty-five

(45) days of receipt, you cancel your Customer Agreement, you agree that Verizon Wireless may charge, and you

will pay, the entire remaining balance owed for your Device as soon as the next bill. If your Device qualifies for an

early upgrade offer, visit verizonwireless.com/upgradeterms for further details, terms and conditions.

View solution in original post

BENGALS_FAN76

Thanks for your response.  I guess I just didn't look close enough at my agreement.  totally missed it. 

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

No problem.

Remember. You should only have to activate it then make one connecting call and then you should be good to deactivate it. It doesn't state that you have to keep it on the line for a certain length of time.

Community Manager
Community Manager

BENGALS_FAN76, thank you for reaching out to us regarding your device concern. Sprmankalel provided the correct information; that if you do not activate your device by the 45th day of receipt your customer agreement will be canceled and you may be charged the remaining amount for your device. May we ask why you were looking to wait to activate your new device?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes