Highlighted

How is this my fault?

I damaged my sim card, my fault. No big deal ill just get a new one. I go online and order a new one last Tuesday. Its free with two day shipping, thanks Verizon! I can wait 2-3 days so I place the order opting for home shipment. I complete checkout and get a confirmation email clearly stating the order is complete and my new card will be mailed to me. I wait Thursday no card, Friday nope, Saturday the day checkout said i should get it by, no card. Monday rolls around and the card is still not in the mail. I go to online chat support. First chat sent me to another chat. I answered a bunch of questions. Finally i am told that the card was not sent because i did not agree to the terms and conditions. So its my fault, what about the email? The rep says well its both our fault.

If i agreed or not i completed the checkout process and was promised a card would be sent. It was not lost or misplaced, Verizon deliberately did not send it and let me sit waiting for a card that would never come, then blamed me for checking out wrong. There was no need for finger pointing just apologize for the checkout error, let me know the card was not sent and give me the options to get one. Don't blame me, i have email proof I completed the checkout process. Now this afternoon I have to cycle up a steep hill in rush hour traffic with a 60% chance of thunder storms to the Verizon store so I can get my card.

I promise i did not deliberately bypass any agreement in your shopping cart checkout. There is an issue with your coding that needs to be fixed.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Highlighted

Re: How is this my fault?

Expert

Can you visit a corporate store to get a new SIM card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are truly sorry to read that your SIM card order was not completed and as a result you were not able to receive it on time. You do have the option to pick it up for free at any of our Direct Verizon Stores. Were you able to get a new SIM card replacement?

Monica_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, you absolutely can get a replacement SIM for free at one of our corporate locations. Here's a link to find the nearest Corporate Verizon store near you. Please check the box that says "Only show stores eligible for in-store pick-up." While you are there, you should get the card activated in your device. That should get you all squared away. 

http://spr.ly/6580DvgDn

Tina_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon requires terms and conditions to be accepted before it can be shipped. If Verizon just sent things without confirmation, that's how fraud happens.

There's also corporate stores which give them for free upon request.

0 Likes
Highlighted

After my experience with them the last two days I have figured out with verizon "the customer is always right" rule does not exist and even when it is clearly a verizon error they will still put the blame on us the customer.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

missy4022000,

We're sorry to hear that you've been having a bad experience with us recently. We want every customer to enjoy their service and have access to help when needed. We're always here to help in any way we can. What's been going on?

Eric_VZW

0 Likes