How is it that I am all of a sudden exceeding my data usage according to Verizon? Never happened before and I'm not doing anything new.

ldcolbert

I have been a Verizon customer forever.  I've never exceeded my data before the last 2 months.  I do very little streaming of anything and when I do it's via wi-fi.  I think verizon has made some change that I'm not aware of and there is this huge mistrust on my part now with Verizon.  Seems they are reaching out to get me to increase my data plan. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: How is it that I am all of a sudden exceeding my data usage according to Verizon? Never happened before and I'm not doing anything new.

Community Manager
Community Manager

wheelerk5,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. We appreciate you using the resource. We're very sorry to learn that you're having an issue with your data usage. How does your phone say it's using its data? If you look under Settings > Data Usage, there will be a chart to show you. What are your top three or four services listed there?

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: How is it that I am all of a sudden exceeding my data usage according to Verizon? Never happened before and I'm not doing anything new.

rednck36

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND ONE OF THE PHONE IS IN THE HOUSE 24/7 ON WIFI  AND STILL USED 2.44G ON THAT LINE

MOOVINSLOW

check SETTINGS all of your devices and make sure they're not uploading to the cloud or downloading on auto pilot. It happened to me and I had to chase it down, but still ended up adding 12GB that month

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Understanding your data usage is key ldcolbert. We want you to have the right tools to review your account. Have you checked out the data utilization tool? This helps determine what is using the most data with your lines. Click here to log in and view: http://spr.ly/6582BAXUa. Another great source is your phone itself. Many of our devices show how much data your apps specifically have used. This is typically in Settings, Data Usage. Here the apps display how much data they have used during the cycle.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Mojomonkey

Right there with you! I've even turned off the mobile data and according the usage stats it somehow racked up a gig in the first 10 days of the cycle! Last month I hit 6 gigs...which I've never done in my life. I'm very suspicious

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We certainly want to make sure everything is correct with your data. Let's take a closer look at this. In order to do this we would need to go into a Private Message, is this okay?

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

PETBUC1

My data has gone down the toilet. Searching other carriers now

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

PETBUC1, we never want to lose your business. We know that we have the best data speeds and want you to experience that. What's going on with your data? Please provide us with more details.

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

JOSODD73

Yes, very curious. We've usually remained safely within our 8gig plan, sometimes carrying over as much as a gig and a half to the next month. But, now that there is no data plan in between the 8gig plan and the unlimited plan (at a pretty significant price jump,) all of a sudden we're in danger of going over. How did that happen in one month?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want our customers on the best plans and we can help.  With our plans, you can always go up or down as you need.  We can change you to Unlimited for one month and then back down to the 8GB plan if you need.  One great tool we have that can help find where your usage is going is out Data Utilization tool: http://vz.to/2p7qlNo.  I also recommend checking your device since most Android devices show a breakdown of what data each app used.  Just go to Settings > Data Usage.  iPhone devices also show the information but have to be manually reset at the end of your cycle.  On iPhones go to Settings > Cellular and scroll down to view the list of apps.

0 Likes