How does the trade-in really work?

Hello,

When the iPhone 7 was launched (not released) I saw on many news outlets that major carriers were offering a deal to trade in your existing iPhone 6 or better for (up to) $650 credit toward an iPhone 7, essentially making a 32 GB iPhone 7 "free". The next day, I saw a notification online and decided to take advantage. I signed up to trade in my and my wife's iPhone 6's to upgrade to iPhone 7's. I read through the terms of the trade-in deal and saw the note about having to trade in your old devices within 30 days.

Fast forward to today, and we've received the boxes for trading in our old devices. They were shipped on the 15th, so I assume that means they want us to trade in by Oct. 15th? (Sept. 15th + 30 days = Oct. 15th) However, my wife's phone isn't estimated to ship until 10/5, and my phone is estimated to ship 10/12. So that puts both dangerously close to the 30 days (mine would likely be over).

Verizon can't seriously expect us to trade in our old devices before receiving the new ones, can they? I had assumed that the trade-in boxes would ship at the same time (or at least on the same day) as the new phones. Is this going to be a problem? Will we have to potentially be phone-less to take advantage of the deal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: How does the trade-in really work?

Leader

I took it upon myself to read the promo as listed on the website which does state to start the trade in process after you have activated the new phones. Also not only is it UP to $650, but it's applied as bill credits on the monthly payment for the phone which takes 2 to 3 bill cycles to begin.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How does the trade-in really work?

Leader

I took it upon myself to read the promo as listed on the website which does state to start the trade in process after you have activated the new phones. Also not only is it UP to $650, but it's applied as bill credits on the monthly payment for the phone which takes 2 to 3 bill cycles to begin.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Covid19