Highlighted

How do you block international calls in a child's phone?

LOUALC81

My child is calling my mother that lives in Europe. I got a hefty bill. I still want him to talk through Whatsapp, Skype etc. If I block my mom's number in his phone, could he still talk to her through these apps?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: How do you block international calls in a child's phone?

Community Manager
Community Manager

LOUALC81, hefty bills due to international charges are far from ideal, so I can see why you are asking. I am happy to help. I can see why your child wants to remain connected with your mother. If you block her number via your device and our network, he will be able to connect to her via the other third-party apps. Since we only provide a feature that enables the international calling feature, there is not a method to permanently block all outgoing and incoming international calls. Is he calling any other international numbers? If not, then the block of your mother's number is the most viable solution and to have her contact your phone via the other apps. Did this provide clarity?

AkaneM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

You might also want to check your account to see if you can add international usage blocks to your child's line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

Alternatively you can tell your kid to stop doing that vs asking stranger's for advice.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

LOUALC81, hefty bills due to international charges are far from ideal, so I can see why you are asking. I am happy to help. I can see why your child wants to remain connected with your mother. If you block her number via your device and our network, he will be able to connect to her via the other third-party apps. Since we only provide a feature that enables the international calling feature, there is not a method to permanently block all outgoing and incoming international calls. Is he calling any other international numbers? If not, then the block of your mother's number is the most viable solution and to have her contact your phone via the other apps. Did this provide clarity?

AkaneM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

LOUALC81

I am beyond words. I asked for advice because my child has a mental disability and does not understand the difference between calling an international number vs calling through an app. I never use social media because of people like you, ready to judge with a poisonous, unkind attitude. How sad.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

If you don't already subscribe to the Smart Family feature  you could look at adding it to restrict which phone numbers your child's phone can dial or receive along with the other options that feature provides.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes