Highlighted

How do we complain to get Verizon to up the speeds from 600 kbps?

I've just bought the Above Unlimited plan and for right now I'm enjoying it. I've been a customer for 10 years and I've never thought I would see Verizon messing us the way that they are doing. 600 kbps isn't even usable. They could have did it for 4-6 mbps, that would still be usable while enjoying their service. I can't imagine paying a $150 per month, and I am on month to month, for 75GB with a slowdown to 600 kbps after 20GB on hotspot with my plan is really starting not to sound feasible and I'm about to change my mind. For us to be paying this kind of money and still not satisfied is absurd. I thought at least with the above unlimited it was the creme de la creme of plans and you pretty much got everything you wanted and needed with no worries but I was wrong. Verizon needs to get better and stop trying to follow their competition when they are messing their people. Once another carrier drops something, we get dropped too and it's not right with all of the money we're paying for so-called great service!!

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How do we complain to get Verizon to up the speeds from 600 kbps?

Then use a real ISP. You're on a network with millions of people, you think Verizon is going to risk losing the majority of customers because the small percentage of data hogs?

I get by with a 2GB plan and use way more than this monthly on WiFi at home or at work.  If someone can afford Above, they can afford proper Internet for less. This especially for those that complain they don't have any internet options. If you can afford an expensive phone and data plan, you can afford to live somewhere with better infrastructure.

0 Likes
Highlighted

You've completely missed the entire question. Yes I do have an ISP also but on the road a lot at times. Basically saying, everyone needs their data for different things as well as online classes. They can't even do their classes due to a 600 kbps connection after the 15GB has been used on a so-called unlimited plan. 600 kbps is unusable. No matter what plan you're on rather beyond unlimited or the other, people will be tethered to 600 kbps. The question is, whom do we complain to because it seems to work after a lot of people complain? I have too many things on my home network as it is and that's why I added my tablet back to the network..

Highlighted

You can complain all you want, Verizon will always have a response ready. I’ve been complaining to them for over a year. The Nations most reliable network. The nations fastest 4G. Nations average 4G speed is 26-27 MBPS. I’m on unlimited plan, and it’s anything but unlimited. You Get an allotted amount of “premium” data. Once that is used your 4G is slowed. If there is “congestion” on the network your data is slowed. Even though you pay a line activation fee every month to be on Verizon’s network. Yes, unlimited plans pay the fee also. At my home my max speeds are 5 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload. A mile down the street I was getting over 40 Mbps download. I argued with Verizon about my slow speeds. I was told that 5 DL and 2 UL are normal speeds and plenty to stream with. Perhaps, but not when those speeds are inconsistent. Every minute or so my speeds are fluctuating. At times dropping to almost 0. $90 per month for “UNLIMITED” talk & text, and “UNLIMITED” data. Did the definition of Unlimited change?? Not to mention the fees and charges every month. Take a real close look at those fees and charges you’re paying. Regulatory Charge. Federal Universal Service Charge. These two fees are imposed by the Government on all telecom companies. Verizon passes those fees onto their customers. Administrative charge?

0 Likes