How do i perform an assumption of liability?

amylynnb17

My parents want to assume liability of my account with all of our lines on it. Is there a way for us to do this without having to spend a bunch of time on the phone with people? Can't someone just tell me what we need to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Assumption of Liability

Snn5
Sr. Leader

According to this site:My Verizon FAQs | Verizon Wireless.

You have to call the number to speak with Verizon.

In order to perform an Assumption of Liability, all of the following requirements must be met:

Current Account Owner

• You must ensure that the balance on the account you want to transfer is current. You'll continue to be responsible for account charges until the transfer has been completed.
  • If the line you're transferring is the primary line on a Family SharePlan or the only secondary line on a Family SharePlan, the remaining line(s) must be placed on eligible calling plans prior to processing the account transfer. Please contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 for assistance.
  • You must contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 to authorize the account transfer and provide the name of the person who will be taking over the account.
0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

You have to call in or stop by a corporate Verizon store. You cannot do this online.

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

According to this site:My Verizon FAQs | Verizon Wireless.

You have to call the number to speak with Verizon.

In order to perform an Assumption of Liability, all of the following requirements must be met:

Current Account Owner

• You must ensure that the balance on the account you want to transfer is current. You'll continue to be responsible for account charges until the transfer has been completed.
  • If the line you're transferring is the primary line on a Family SharePlan or the only secondary line on a Family SharePlan, the remaining line(s) must be placed on eligible calling plans prior to processing the account transfer. Please contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 for assistance.
  • You must contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 to authorize the account transfer and provide the name of the person who will be taking over the account.
0 Likes

amylynnb17

Holy cow. Thank you. I don't understand why they have to make it so difficult. With AT&T you do it all online. Thanks for your answers though.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

You're welcome! Smiley Happy  I'm sure it is just an added step for security.

0 Likes

tailynn1977
Novice

You want all the hassel because if not I could claim your account, take your lines, upgrade a line for myself, then AOL you back to your own account leaving you locked out. Thats what someone on AT&T could do......if they knew you even a little bit. So extra security, while a hassel, is definitely benificial to you. Just *611, It will be about 15 minutes.

0 Likes

amylynnb17

You couldn't if you didn't have all of the info they asked for when doing the same through AT&T. Whether I give the same info to a person who types it in on the other end of the line or type it in for myself doesn't matter. You could as easily call in and give them the same info that they asked online if they did it all the same way with both options.

Edie73

Call customer service and just tell them what you want to do. I just did this for 1 line on my account it took about 2 minutes. Now my In Laws have 24 hours to go to a Verizon store or call customer service to accept the liability. Easy!

0 Likes