Highlighted

How do I suspend my account due to a Military Order move?

I've been trying to suspend my account due to Military Orders.  The first time worked perfectly, but the second time after my trip to the Pentagon, I tried to have it suspended again.  It didn't work so I used the 90 day suspension for any reason.  Now that time is up, and I'm trying to get the military suspension in place.  I tried to do it online, but the info I provide does not match.  I tried calling customer service and Ms. Gamble-Dunn couldn't do it over the phone either.  I tried to get her to get my Mother to be my account manager so she can go to the store, but Ms. Gamble-Dunn was unable to do that too.  She gave me a email address to send in my info (NEAreaETFCreditRequest@VerizonWireless.com) which I did, but I have yet to hear a response after four days.  Is there another way to get my account suspended?  Do I just have to cancel my plan?

Thanks,

Kyle

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: How do I suspend my account due to a Military Order move?

Customer Support

Kyle,

I want to start by thanking you for your service and commitment to our country. I know it's important to be able to suspend your services when you receive orders that will cause you not to be able to use your phone for a while, so let's figure out the best options available to help.

The easiest way to suspend service under military suspend is via My Verizon using this link http://vz.to/1SOZJfc , but you mentioned that you tried and the information you're providing doesn't match. When during the process are you getting this response? Is it when you're trying to log in or after you've requested the suspension and are being asked for additional information?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Kyle,

I want to start by thanking you for your service and commitment to our country. I know it's important to be able to suspend your services when you receive orders that will cause you not to be able to use your phone for a while, so let's figure out the best options available to help.

The easiest way to suspend service under military suspend is via My Verizon using this link http://vz.to/1SOZJfc , but you mentioned that you tried and the information you're providing doesn't match. When during the process are you getting this response? Is it when you're trying to log in or after you've requested the suspension and are being asked for additional information?

ShawnteJ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

It gives me an error after I put in my birth date and social to "submit."  I tried to do it over the phone too but that didn't work.  The customer service rep gave me a email to send my orders, but I haven't heard back.  It's been four days since I sent the email to NEAreaETFCreditRequest@VerizonWireless.com with the relevant info and my orders.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Kyle,

That's very odd since you were able to suspend the services before without any issues. The team you sent the email to can take a few days to respond or update the account depending on their workload, so I apologize that you've yet to receive a response. I've sent you a Private Message so that I can gather some information to check further into this for you. Please check your inbox and respond there.

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Shawntel,

I am experiencing the same issue as Kyle had. Can you assist me as well? Thank you.

Mayan

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

I want to make sure that you are properly assisted! Have you had the chance to send your orders to the Email militaryorders@verizonwireless.com?

HarleyE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

"That's very odd since" Kyle "was able to suspend services before without any issues".

Shawnte- there is a bit of passive defense going on in that statement. When I don't pay my bill, Verizon stops service. It's very cut and dry. When I need to suspend service under the SCRA, Verizon drags its feet.

Like so many "too big to fail" companies, the timeliness of maintaining an account beyond the billing department requires customer patience, not corporate fidelity.

Asking for my commanding officer's name and deployment location just to shut off a phone in a non-secure environment such as email or a fax is a problem.

What parts of the SCRA authorize Verizon to request this info?

What secure methods of information exchange does Verizon provide to transfer it?

How long does Verizon keep it on file and what measures are used to keep it secure?

Should a future data breech occur (and it will) and the names of Verizon military customers, their Commanding Officer's names and their deployed locations be compromised, what legal liability is Verizon prepared to endure for failing to safeguard information related to operational security?

As the "military orders" segment of Verizon struggles to analyze their own workload and then presents the result as an excuse for a delayed reply to a servicemeber's email, the end result remains to be customer patience, not corporate fidelity.

I think that is what you would call an "issue".

0 Likes