Highlighted

How do I set data limits per line?

Snickerpook

How do I set data limits per line on my account?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Data limits

Community Manager
Community Manager

That's a great question Snikerpook. Being able to manage your data usage is crucial to prevent data overage. I am happy to inform that we do offer a feature called Family Base that will allow you to set a hard stop in data usage. This feature is $4.99 a month. However, you are able to manage the usage on all lines on the account. For additional information regarding our Family Base feature click, http://vz.to/1dJRZEC

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

That's a great question Snikerpook. Being able to manage your data usage is crucial to prevent data overage. I am happy to inform that we do offer a feature called Family Base that will allow you to set a hard stop in data usage. This feature is $4.99 a month. However, you are able to manage the usage on all lines on the account. For additional information regarding our Family Base feature click, http://vz.to/1dJRZEC

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

scaredidiot

Answer the question - don't try to sell more things we don't need.  

Your response "However, you are able to manage the usage on all lines on the account. " doesn't include an explanation or a link.

This used to be easy to do - not any more.

bwelbo

I agree - the web page to manage data usage limits doesn’t exist anymore.

Community Manager
Community Manager

It's understandable that you wouldn't want to subscribe to an app for a monthly fee. This is the only option the Verizon offers to monitor and set limits on the other devices on your account. There are also data limit features on the devices themselves. What is the make and model of the phone you want to set limits on? Here is how to set restrictions for the iPhone: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304

TinaN_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

JG207

So the only way to set data limits is to but another service?  I think it is time to switch to ATT or T-Mobile.  I've been a Verizon cusomter since Bell Atlantic Mobile so over 25 years.  There has to be a better way to set limits via my app or the website without spending another 4.99/month

JJMFrancis

Yes, Verizon policies are that of professional con artists.  Every move one makes is designed to charge you more.  Just greed at work...not good customer service.  Closer to switching also.

Community Manager
Community Manager

We would never want you to leave the Verizon family, JJMFrancis. It's disheartening to hear that you feel this way and also that you didn't receive the world-class customer service we expect. We love our customers and work hard to provide the best possible value with our services. I've sent you a private note so that I can best help out. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes

Wastedyrs

Translation: Verizon is going to squeeze every dollar they can out of you. 

Ann154
Expert

@scaredidiot wrote:

Answer the question - don't try to sell more things we don't need.  

Your response "However, you are able to manage the usage on all lines on the account. " doesn't include an explanation or a link.

This used to be easy to do - not any more.

Resurrecting a three year old discussion thread isn't very effective either. The policies or options could have changed dramatically in that time. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.