How do I send a text to Multiple Recipients?

mtems

I want to send a text to lets say 2 different people. This would be a one time text. I now have to create a "group" . Any way around this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Multiple Recipients

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Sending to more than one recipient, by definition, is sending to a group.  Enter the names in the To: field, type your messages and send.  You don't HAVE to name the group or "create it", the option is there.

You do have the option to specify whether replies go to all or just to you.... maybe I'm not understanding your question?

Other than creating individual messages and sending them,  when yo send to more than one recipient, it becomes a "group" message.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Send two individual texts, just copy and paste the text to avoid typing it out twice.

You can also toggle the switch in the group that  says "Reply to all" or "Reply to only me" so you can send to both but replies will come in as individual texts to you and you can reply to each separately.

0 Likes

mtems

Thank you SuzyQ  But i just don't want to form a "group" every time i want to send a text to more than one recipient

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Sending to more than one recipient, by definition, is sending to a group.  Enter the names in the To: field, type your messages and send.  You don't HAVE to name the group or "create it", the option is there.

You do have the option to specify whether replies go to all or just to you.... maybe I'm not understanding your question?

Other than creating individual messages and sending them,  when yo send to more than one recipient, it becomes a "group" message.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Verizon Employee

mtems, we understand your concern with sending a one-time group message. We would love to help make this as easy as possible for you. Can you please verify the make, model, current software version, and the name of the messaging app that you use? Having this additional information will allow us to investigate all of our options for you.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

JSpain

Where is the "To" field?  I am using a samsung s6.  I have a "search" field that just lets me select one contact.  

0 Likes

JSpain

never mind.  I just figured out I hadn't selected the compose.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

JSpain, I am glad you were able to figure things out. We are always here if you need us. Have a good day. 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes