Highlighted

How do I send a complaint to corporate?!

tomarchio12

https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1011First, it is unfortunate that there isn't a clear path to give complaints. I have spent 20 minutes just trying to find the right avenue to push my complaint past the manager and to corporate.

In July 2017, I went into the Verizon store near Rock and 21st in Wichita, Kansas. I believe I had needed to replace my phone. Jeremy, who isn't there anymore because of his deceiving sales pitches, told me that he could add a Hum to my account for FREE. I immediately said, nothing is free. He said yes, he could add it to my account because of a promotion. I know how this works. The representative has quotas to sell things and he was trying to do anything to meet his quota. I asked numerous times, will I EVER be charged for the service, what's the catch. He said no catch, with your plan I can give it to you for free. Mind you, we went back a forth about the product until I said ok.

Fast forward to this week. My phone had been acting weird with data overages. I had overages in the past but I was only 2 days into my cycle and all of my data was gone. So I went online and that's when I noticed that I had been paying for the Hum since July... I had overages in the past so I didn't think anything of my bill when paying it, I just paid it.

By this time, I have paid more than $10 extra on my bill because of my FREE HUM!!! So when I went into the store I brought it up. It is now February, so I had paid over $80 for the Hum. I told the manager the problem and she told me that there was nothing I could do. I could either keep paying on it until July 2019!!! And then cancel it. OR I could pay $90 to cancel it!!! After I started getting upset, she said she would credit $30 of the cost, so I would only pay $60.... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE IS THAT???!!! My FREE Hum, now cost me almost $200 to CANCEL?!?!?!

I reiterated that a salesperson flat out LIED to me about the product. A product that I don't even use, it is not in my car. And I was pushed to take and then I am supposed to PAY $200 for YOUR mistake!!! The manager knew that this was indeed their mistake, but said that she didn't have the authority to offer anything else. Wow... you offer $30, for a $200 mistake...

This is not the first time that Verizon has <<removed>> me over. Their mistake back in 2010, cost me my Unlimited Data being grandfathered in. So in reality, all of my overages are also at the fault of the company. This has probably cost me another $500 AT LEAST!

I have been a customer for over 10 years and DEMAND that this is FIXED!!! How incredibly incompetent of a company to have blatant liars as sales reps and then to tell their customers that they are out of luck. I'm taking my business elsewhere if I am not compensated.

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: How do I send a complaint to corporate?!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Selling with integrity is something that is part of our Credo, tomarchio12. We regret hearing that you’ve had this experience, and we definitely value your loyalty over the last decade. You’ve definitely come to the right place to voice your feedback. We’d like to take an extra look into this and see what we can do to help turn this around.

We also offer unlimited data once again, and understand your frustrations in losing our original grandfathered unlimited data. We would be happy to review those options with you to see if they fit your needs and budget.

Please reply to the private message we have sent you so that we can get started.

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes