Highlighted

How do I resolve the errors on my bill?

slab1

My wife was on sprint and we wanted to switch to Verizon. We pre-ordered the Iphone 6 plus in September. A week later we adjusted our order from the 16gb model to the 64gb model and we reassured this was easy and was all taken care of.

At the end of September I received an email advising my 16GB phone had shipped. I called verizon and pointed out that the 16GB phone was cancelled and replaced with an order for a 64GB phone. Reassured this was easy and all taken care of. Simply send the phone back when it arrived, it was all taken care of in the "system".

Middle of October received confirmation the funds for the 16GB phone had been returned to my credit card.

Less than a week later received an email from Verizon advising that I needed to hurry up and port my old number to my new phone. Called Verizon to remind them that I don't have a phone yet. Reassured this was easy and all taken care of.

End of October received 3 emails in succession in the middle of the night- one cancelling my order, one confirming an order, and one advising my order had not yet shipped. I called again. Reassured this wasn't an issue, simply the warehouse moving things around, issue with Apple being behind on iphone orders. All taken care of.

First week of November received an email advising that my account had been credited $35 and now my balance owing was $110.22. Called again. Explained that I don't have a phone yet. How could I have a balance? Reassured it was all taken care of, just the "system" taking a month to get itself "cleared out".

2nd week of November the phone arrived. Called Verizon to activate phone and port number from old Sprint phone. Spent time on phone with Verizon rep to ensure billing was all straightened out. Reassured it was all good.

Next day received an email advising my account balance was $164.19 which included a credit of -$45.00. Called Verizon. Spent another hour on the phone with Customer Service who again reassured me they finally had it straightened out and no matter what the paper copy of my bill said, my total due at that time was $69.19.  I paid Verizon $69.19.

2 days later I received an email thanking me for activating my second line..... I only have one phone.

The first week of December I received an email advising me my new bill was ready with a current balance of $270.60.

Today I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon customer service attempting to get this issue resolved. I was advised that Verizon had removed my "2nd" line (which was the temporary number on the phone so that I could port the Sprint number) and now my balance due was down to $200. After repeated attempts to figure out how I could possible owe $200 on top of the $69.19 already paid on a single line phone with only 1GB of data that had only been activated one month and not getting anywhere, I asked to speak to a supervisor. As a supervisor wasn't readily available, I was asked to provide a call back number and reassured someone would call me back in 1/2 an hour. It is now an hour and a half later and no response.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this issue resolved once and for all? Is my only alternative to cancel the phone and threaten legal action if they attempt to impose an early cancellation fee? I just can't understand how their "system" can be so impossible to manipulate and their customer service so professional and nice and yet completely without the apparent ability to actually solve a problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: How do I resolve the errors on my bill?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm so sorry about all the frustration this situation cause you over the past few months slab1. We want to make sure you have the right lines and charges on your account. We will need to review the account to go over charges, credits , and account lines. Please either send us a private message here, facebook, or twitter. Once we are able to review the account we can help make sure your charges are correct. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes

slab1

I don't do facebook or twitter. Verizon customer service hasn't called me back. I guess Private message is my option. How do I do that?

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

How To: Direct Message   and   KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes

slab1

OK. I followed the directions regarding Private messages several hours ago, but apparently my ability to send a message to Verizon Customer Service is still "awaiting approval". Weird. Why would Verizon Customer Service need to get approval to respond to a private message from their own customer on a Verizon support forum..... The

service part is really lacking at this point.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the directions Tikibar1. I'm currently following you Slab1. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kinquana_Vzw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes

slab1

OK. PM sent. Looking forward to getting this resolved.

0 Likes

slab1

Still awaiting a response.

0 Likes

William73

I ended my landline service on November 19, 2019.  As of January 13, 2020, I am still getting monthly billing, plus collection calls.  I have spoken with various people in collections and billing, however nothing ever gets resolved.  I am keeping careful notes of my interactions, in case of legal action.  I would welcome facing a real person, to get this resolved.  I was on hold for 63 minutes today, and had to give up due to other obligations.  There is no point in trying to reach the corporate office in New York.  Same problem - phone hold.  Nobody live answers.  This is the phone company?  Case number 2525516.  Is there any way to get this resolved?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello William73,

We definitely want to ensure you receive the support you need. You have posted this on the Verizon Wireless community forums. Did you have Verizon Wireless service that you cancelled? Or was this home Verizon landline service?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes