How do I reduce data usage?

FroggyKnight

I am going through data like water over a burst dam.  Can't figure out which app(s) is causing the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: how do i reduce data usage?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

If you have an android phone, you can look in your settings menu under Data Usage and then Cellular Data Usage. It will have a list of apps and how much data each has used during the billing cycle. Of course, to be most accurate you need to set the billing cycle to correspond with  your actual billing cycle. It is unlikely the default billing cycle will be the same as yours. I believe that the phone keeps track of usage during the last 3 billing cycles.

If you have an iPhone, it is a bit harder to determine as Apple does not think this is as important an issue. Under data usage on  your iPhone, it will give a list of apps and how much data each app has used since you last manually reset the phone's data counter. iPhones do not give you the option to set your billing cycle and you must manually reset the counter at the beginning of your monthly billing cycle to see how much data an app has used during the current billing cycle. Once you reset the counter, you will not be able to see how much data was used in previous cycles so you may want to take screenshots or some other method to record your previous info.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: how do i reduce data usage?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

If you have an android phone, you can look in your settings menu under Data Usage and then Cellular Data Usage. It will have a list of apps and how much data each has used during the billing cycle. Of course, to be most accurate you need to set the billing cycle to correspond with  your actual billing cycle. It is unlikely the default billing cycle will be the same as yours. I believe that the phone keeps track of usage during the last 3 billing cycles.

If you have an iPhone, it is a bit harder to determine as Apple does not think this is as important an issue. Under data usage on  your iPhone, it will give a list of apps and how much data each app has used since you last manually reset the phone's data counter. iPhones do not give you the option to set your billing cycle and you must manually reset the counter at the beginning of your monthly billing cycle to see how much data an app has used during the current billing cycle. Once you reset the counter, you will not be able to see how much data was used in previous cycles so you may want to take screenshots or some other method to record your previous info.

View solution in original post