Highlighted

How do I migrate a prepaid account to a new device?

pi2squared

I purchased a replacement smartphone from the prepaid section of the Verizon store recently.  I have been trying to migrate my old prepaid number/balance for the past couple of days but it keeps giving me an error that reads :

"Unable to Process your Request

My Verizon is temporarily unavailable as we work to improve our systems to serve you better. We apologize for the inconvenience, please try again later."

I've rechecked that the meid and sim number are correct many times but I get the same thing every time.  What can I do?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Can't migrate prepaid account to new phone

Community Manager
Community Manager

pi2squared,

Thanks for the additional information! For further review please contact our pre pay team at 888-294-6804. We trust they will assist you with activating your device immediately.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry that you are experiencing difficulty activating your replacement phone, pi2squared. It looks like your unsuccessful attempt was done through the website: http://vz.to/JkUmE8 Have you tried dialing *22898 to start activation? You can also contact Prepaid by calling *611 from a Verizon Wireless device or 888-294-6804.

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes

pi2squared

*22898 does not call out for some reason, gives an error "Call not sent". The instructions say to use the website to change my device if it's a 4G phone, which it is.

To clarify, the new phone came activated with a new number. A sales rep instructed me to order the phone as if I were a new customer and that I could be credited to my old number/account after I got it. I'm starting to worry that may not be the case...

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

pi2squared,

Thanks for the additional information! For further review please contact our pre pay team at 888-294-6804. We trust they will assist you with activating your device immediately.

EfrainM_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes