Highlighted

How do I find out who the Account Owner is?

RRIII

I have a NATIONWIDE FOR BUS 200 SHARE plan that I need to become an Account Manager and get a pin so that I may actually see what specific charges I am paying through autopay.

Because of the security restrictions on this account, I am not able to find someone at Verizon who can help me SEE MY BILL.  I have no way of finding out from my end who is the business account owner.  Verizon charges me, so they need to provide me with a statement including a breakdown of costs.  Who can I talk to at Verizon that has authorization to provide a complete billing statement?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: How do I find Account Owner?

lukevinyl

Yes the restriction is that on a business account you are viewed as an end user. You are not a listed point of  contact and so therefore they are not able to give any account specific info out regardless if you say this is your number and you pay for it.

Businesses typically have multiple end user's/employees all using lines on the account and they designate point of contacts that are able to make changes and get account specific info. If they haven't designated you as such (as they don't want their employees typically to view the bills and make changes, and they certainly don't want employees viewing other employees call logs) they don't want to give that info out to you, or if they do and they just haven't yet, then a listed point of contact needs to fill out a point of contact update form with your info to add you.

Business accounts have higher security in dealing with higher credit limits and not only their employees personal information, but potentially their customer's as well. I get why you are wanting this but quite simply VZW protects their customer's information and even more so their business customer's information.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

lukevinyl
On a business account there is no "account owner" and there is no "account manager" per se. On business accounts, (i.e. corporate liable) there is the name of the business to which the acount is established under the FEIN (tax ID number) that is liable and owns the account, and then there are points of contact (POC's) with varying degrees of permission/access to the account. There is no one at VZW that can give account specific info or make changes to the account without speaking with one of these POC's.
If it is a consumer account then there is an account owner that is liable for the account, owns the account, and who's SS# the account is set up under and they have the option of setting up account manager's who can make changes and get account specific info on behalf of the account owner. There is no one at VZW that can give out info or make changes without speaking with the account owner or account manager(s).
There are also "hybrid" accounts (a mix of consumer account typically set up with a FEIN).
Regardless, if the account is not in your name as account owner, you are not an account manager, or you are not one of these POC's on a business account you are very limited in the information you will be able to receive from VZW or the changes that you can make. This is to protect customer's information, and there isn't a way around this-- aside from getting someone with the proper credentials to designate you as someone with the authority to make changes or get account specific info.
0 Likes

RRIII

Okay, you were very generous to take the time to explain the somewhat convoluted Verizon account control verbage.  Thank you.  I stand corrected on my mistaken belief that I should be able to press the "Request Account Manager Status" link on my account page in order to be able to view my bill.

So, in case I am still misinformed; are the following statements accurate?

1. Verizon can add any size charge to my bill that I am obligated to pay on time or be subject to debt collection.

2. I am not allowed to view what the specific charges are on my bill unless a point of contact for my account might possibly be able to permission me for.

3. I am not allowed to know who my point of contact is for my account or contact them through Verizon.

Does that pretty much sum it up?  (I just need to know if I am incorrect.)

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

RRIII wrote:

1. Verizon can add any size charge to my bill that I am obligated to pay on time or be subject to debt collection. Your business should be liable and subject to debt collection as they are the account owner(s) and liable for the account.

2. I am not allowed to view what the specific charges are on my bill unless a point of contact for my account might possibly be able to permission me for. Correct.

3. I am not allowed to know who my point of contact is for my account or contact them through Verizon. This information should be available thru your company. Just as your company does not give out personal information about you to people outside of your company, Verizon is not likely allowed to do so either.

0 Likes

lukevinyl

And I am sorry for the wall of text. Multiple attempts at paragraphs or any structure left it as you see it and so I left the post as is.

I realize this isn't what you were wanting to hear but is factual, in addition to the response from rcschnoor​.

Hopefully, its helpful to you in any case. Smiley Happy

Community Manager
Community Manager

RRIII,

We want to make sure you are fully aware of your bill and all billing concerns. You can contact our Business Support Center at 800-922-0204. They will be able to further assist you and point you in the right direction.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

RRIII

Yes, I already contacted the Business Support Center and Brandon was unable to help me because my account has restrictions.

All I want is to see statements detailing the nature of the charges that are assigned to my phone number. Is it an equipment charge, or plan minute overage or roaming fee, etc. Also who I called. You know; the normal information a reputable company should supply to a customer who has been paying thier Verizon bill on-time, continuously, for twenty years.

Why is this simple request so monumentally challenging to fulfill?

The only option available; that I might have permission to actually use it seems, is to discontinue service.

lukevinyl

Yes the restriction is that on a business account you are viewed as an end user. You are not a listed point of  contact and so therefore they are not able to give any account specific info out regardless if you say this is your number and you pay for it.

Businesses typically have multiple end user's/employees all using lines on the account and they designate point of contacts that are able to make changes and get account specific info. If they haven't designated you as such (as they don't want their employees typically to view the bills and make changes, and they certainly don't want employees viewing other employees call logs) they don't want to give that info out to you, or if they do and they just haven't yet, then a listed point of contact needs to fill out a point of contact update form with your info to add you.

Business accounts have higher security in dealing with higher credit limits and not only their employees personal information, but potentially their customer's as well. I get why you are wanting this but quite simply VZW protects their customer's information and even more so their business customer's information.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

RRIII,

I understand how important your billing concerns are. As lukevynil has mentioned. Business accounts do have different permissions set on the account. A Point of Contact (POC) has been set for your business, and they will be able to assist with gaining access. If you are unsure of your POC for your business, you can contact your local corporate Verizon store https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/, and they can assist you with getting in touch with your business rep for further assistance.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes