Highlighted

How do I file a complaint about customer service and billing?

HEABUR50

Hi,

I would like information about how to file a complaint about the poor quality customer service I received today, as well as Verizon's inability to take responsbility for its own error.  I have spoken with three individuals; the first gentleman was polite, and I have nothing negative to say about him.

The issue is that my account shows in past due, which is a result of no fault of my own.  I pay my bill in full each month. It is due to an incorrectly applied payment from another customer.   The last "manager" I spoke with incredibly rude (one of the rudest customer service reps I have ever dealt with), asking condescending questions and continually talking over me. Her questions and comments heavily implied I could not pay my bill and was trying to get out of paying a bill.   She spoke to me as if I was a child.

She took no responsibility on behalf of Verizon (no one did actually), continually blaming the other customer and myself for the issue. When I expressed my concern about the account's status (again not my fault), she actually asked me what I thought would happen if it showed past due, how would it really impact me?  To blame myself and the other customer takes it to an entirely new level.  The rep condescendingly asked me, You actually thought your bill was $X?  When I replied yes.  She went on ask, You have had bill for $X?  When? Tell me when?

She continually kept telling me I was upset about having to pay a bill even though I continually told her that was not the issue. Again, the issue is not the bill.  I can and will pay it.  It's the account status, Verizon's (or at least its reps) unwillingness to take responsbility (it's my fault and the other customer's), and the incredibly rude rep whom I last spoke with.

Verizon's lack of accountability and its managers' poor customer service skills leave much to be desired.  I left AT&T to switch to Verizon, and I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am that I did that.

I am beyond disappointed in how this issue has been handled, and I am offended in the way that your reps speak to customers.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: How do I file a complaint about customer service and billing?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Verizon Wireless

Correspondence

P. O. Box 291089

Columbia, SC. 29229

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

You are the account owner. If you have others contributing to payment of the account for their portion of the service the final financial responsibility is solely on the account owner for getting the other account members to pay their portion of the bill.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

HEABUR50

That doesn't even pertain to the question or relate to the issue in any way.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Verizon Wireless

Correspondence

P. O. Box 291089

Columbia, SC. 29229

View solution in original post

0 Likes

jav6

Maybe a little more clarification of 'an incorrectly applied payment from another customer' would have helped.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes