How do I delete backed up messages and call logs from VZW Cloud?

m_moozh

Looking in the "Restore" section of the VZW Cloud app on my Android phone, it says I have several hundred call logs and over two thousand messages, yet there's no way to manage them through the app that I can see, and deleting messages from Verizon Messages web app doesn't remove them from the cloud backup. How do I delete them?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: How do I delete backed up messages and call logs from VZW Cloud?

NJMagicman
Novice

Contacts, call logs and text messages are a sync model meaning it will mirror what is on your device.  The only way I know to remove them is to move them to the SD card if you have one, remove the SD card, restart the phone, let the cloud backup the now empty text messages, go into settings to turn off backing up messages, then reverse the process to get them back on your phone.  That's what worked for me.

View solution in original post

NJMagicman
Novice

Contacts, call logs and text messages are a sync model meaning it will mirror what is on your device.  The only way I know to remove them is to move them to the SD card if you have one, remove the SD card, restart the phone, let the cloud backup the now empty text messages, go into settings to turn off backing up messages, then reverse the process to get them back on your phone.  That's what worked for me.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Phamlin01

Wow..... Seriously? Is Verizon that ignorant to not have an easier way for us to delete? Or do they just want us to to spend more money buying more space on the cloud? I know.. Silly question!

0 Likes