Re: How do I delete a group in Message
Mark_Wilson

I am the group admin that created a group from my phone over a month ago. The only member of the group is me (I deleted the other two in the group over a month ago). You said that the group will "eventually" time. What is your definition of "eventually". I would hope that your programming team did not intend for an inactive group to take more than a couple of days to time out, let alone a month. PLEASE ELEVATE THIS PROBLEM so that your customers who pay an exorbitant amount of money for the 'privilege' of using Verizon don't switch to a far less expenisive alternate carrier.

0 Likes
Bankirsha

It solves the problem if everyone in the group delete group conversations at once. Otherwise, if I delete group conversation, but someone in group doesn't and texts something, group appears again in my messanger conversation.

0 Likes
Edtopeka

There is no delete option on the group thread. I have deleted all the messages but the group thread remains. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you are able to manage your messages, Edtopeka. In order to better assist, I have a few question. Are you using the latest version of the application? What options are you seeing for the group thread? ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
193azg

I am using MESSAGE+

0 Likes
KonzaPrairie

But did they tell you how to remove the names?  I really want to entirely undo a group that I started but cannot figure out how.  It was just for an emergency and now we don't need it but people are still using it and that was not the plan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KonzaPrairie,

We want to make sure we are on the same page. Are you able to follow https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-94930/ these directions? Can you remove th4e group and delete the messages?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
kjb5

iMessage

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kjb5,

We are here to help and want to ensure you are set up for success. Please clarify your concern.

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
walmommy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Someone created a message group and we can't delete it. They named it with another group's name. We have to fix this. I can't find any answer here.

0 Likes