How do I delete a group in Message
Miltym
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can only create groups. S8+. Making people nuts b/c I want to delete the group and there are no delete tabs. No tabs for list of groups either.

Labels (1)
Re: How do I delete a group in Message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this. What messaging application are you using?

EstebanP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ffong

This is the response I received from tech support:

At this time there is no way to entirely delete a group chat from the VZW messaging platform on demand. If a group admin removes all members and then deletes the conversation from the phone, the group will eventually time out and be automatically deleted from the Integrated Messaging platform due to inactivity. 

0 Likes
Lauren3
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a design flaw.  I wanted to wish about 20 friends Happy Mother's Day and the group text was sent to them from a number other than my own.  So, they didn't recognize and thought fraud/spam.  I individually removed each member, but can't delete the group.  

This app has many flaws and shame on Verizon for poorly developing this app.  Verizon is a large company and supposed to be an industry leader.  The expectation is that a wireless company would have a good wireless messaging app.  The ONLY reason I use it is because I can use it on my android phone, ipad, and imac.  However, it has many bugs!

BeeBee1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here Lauren, Now I'm stuck with a group that I created just for a temporary project & can't delete it.  I had to individually remove each member... uggh.  I spent over an hour trying to figure it out.

skroth67
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just deleted all 50 members i had in a group I created too after somone (it was created and used a year ago for one purpose only) decided to ask who it was.  Having no REMOVE/DELETE GROUP option is not a good design at all.  There are several things I don't like about this app, but not sure I want to try to trial and error others either.  Disappointed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we would want is for you to to be disappointed by the functions of your phone, skroth67. I'm happy to help. Are you using the Verizon Message+ app or something else? Were you trying to recover the contacts you deleted?  RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
BetterthanComcast
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, the VZ message plus app.   Need  way to delete an entire group.

0 Likes
BetterthanComcast
Enthusiast - Level 1

For Example:

John creates a group called "Co-workers". It contains 10 names / phone numbers.

John uses VZ Message+ to do this.

Later that day,  John leaves his employer and wants to delete the group called "Co-workers".

There is no menu option to do this.   How can the group be deleted ?  What is the workaround ?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BetterthanComcast, while group messages can make things much easier we know that the need for certain groups may certainly come to an end. To remove the group, simply go to Message + scroll to the message thread with this group and delete the entire thread. Once the thread is completely removed the group is also removed. I hope this is beneficial.

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes