Highlighted

How do I change the name displayed when sending a text to an email address?

When I send a text message to an email address the recipient sees my name as XXXX. It is not my phone number or even my name, it's a nickname I must have put on my account years ago. How do I change this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: How do I change the name displayed when sending a text to an email address?

Verizon Employee

disbelief0004,

Sending messages to email can come in handy. The Vtext service is now part of Verizon Messages. You should be able to adjust this nickname in the Settings under Verizon Messages in your My Verizon account.

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

disbelief0004,

Sending messages to email can come in handy. The Vtext service is now part of Verizon Messages. You should be able to adjust this nickname in the Settings under Verizon Messages in your My Verizon account.

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

If you can change it, it would be an option through your MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes