Highlighted

How do I change device names?

How do I change all the names of the devices in MyVerizon?  I have 5 family members but the devices all show the same name (the accountholder) on the portal.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Change device names

Customer Support

Pardon the interruption Gph1966. You are on the right path to get this taken care of. To piggyback off of tikibar1's great information. Here are the step wrote out for you:

To assign or change the names of your devices:

Note: You must be the Account Owner

a.Go to the Account Overview page in My Verizon. (Please try on Desktop)
b.Click Edit Device Name next to the device you want to name.
c.Enter names for one or more of your devices.
d.Click Save Changes.

Here's a link with more info: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/name-your-device-faqs/ 

Hope all works out for you.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

If you're logged into My Verizon as Account Owner/Manager, scroll down to My Devices and click on one of the devices.  Next to the device name (above the description of the device), click the Edit Device Name button.

0 Likes
Highlighted

That button does not show up. I am logged in under primary user. I have selected Device Overview, then selected a device, and there is no button to change the device name. I am viewing it on an iPhone if that matters.

Sent from my iPhone

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

The button is available to me whether I'm logging in via the desktop version of My Verizon or via my phone using the My Verizon Mobile app.  If you're logged in as Account Owner/Manager, I'm not sure why it isn't available to you as well. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Pardon the interruption Gph1966. You are on the right path to get this taken care of. To piggyback off of tikibar1's great information. Here are the step wrote out for you:

To assign or change the names of your devices:

Note: You must be the Account Owner

a.Go to the Account Overview page in My Verizon. (Please try on Desktop)
b.Click Edit Device Name next to the device you want to name.
c.Enter names for one or more of your devices.
d.Click Save Changes.

Here's a link with more info: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/name-your-device-faqs/ 

Hope all works out for you.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Edit Device Name is not an option under Account Overview on my screen.  When I go to the Devices Overview, the only option button next to each device is Upgrade.

Highlighted

Customer Support

We want to make sure you are able to update your device nickname, MTar. Since the layout of My Verizon has recently changed, the process to update your device information has also changed. From the Devices overview page, click on the phone that you would like to change. From there, scroll down to the section labeled Manage Device and you will see Edit Device Nickname as your first option. Does this help clarify things for you?

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

There is no "manage device." There are only two instances of "Change Device," netiher of which allows me to rename the existing device.

Highlighted

Customer Support

We’re not going to give up on you, JimMcKTech. Nicknaming your devices makes it easier to keep track of whose is whose when viewing My Verizon. We’re sorry the information we’ve provided so far has not led you to the exact option you need. Please view item #3 on this page http://spr.ly/6606EjqfQ for the exact steps you need. Be sure to let us know if this information helps you nickname the lines on your account.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

12/11/2019  These responses are dated.  Please remove responses that are no longer germane to the app.

0 Likes