Highlighted

How do I cancel this contract?

fairladyk

I have the Family Share Plan with 4 phones. How do I cancel this entire account before the contract end date? Any idea how much this would cost? Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: How do I cancel this contract?

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

To cancel, you need to call Customer service at 800-922-0204.  Each line has it's own contract end date - and how much it would cost for the ETF's depends on what phones are tied to the lines (based on what was purchased and when) and how much of the contract is left on each line.

For smartphones, the fee is $350 less $10 for each month of completed contract.  For basic phones, it's $175 less $5 for each completed month. 

Note: If you are planning to port to another carrier, and you want to keep the same numbers, DON'T cancel - just go to the new carrier and have them PORT the numbers to their service.  This will automatically cancel your Verizon service, and a final bill with the ETF's will be generated.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

To cancel, you need to call Customer service at 800-922-0204.  Each line has it's own contract end date - and how much it would cost for the ETF's depends on what phones are tied to the lines (based on what was purchased and when) and how much of the contract is left on each line.

For smartphones, the fee is $350 less $10 for each month of completed contract.  For basic phones, it's $175 less $5 for each completed month. 

Note: If you are planning to port to another carrier, and you want to keep the same numbers, DON'T cancel - just go to the new carrier and have them PORT the numbers to their service.  This will automatically cancel your Verizon service, and a final bill with the ETF's will be generated.

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi fairladyk!

It saddens me to hear you are looking to terminate service with us!  SuzyQ gave accurate information about our termination policy.  You can also see more information regarding our Return and Service Termination Policy here: http://vz.to/1h6PMq0.

I am, however, concerned as to what's causing you to want to leave us.  What exactly are you experiencing with your wireless device or service?  I really don't want to see you go!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

fairladyk

You are waaayyy too expensive for just 2 phones

Community Manager
Community Manager

Let's see if we can help you save some money, fairladyk. What plan are your two lines on? About how much data do you use between the lines? Are they both smartphones?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes