Highlighted

How do I block unknown callers?

NELDOU78

Have gotten 2 middle of the night calls. Caller ID says "unknown". How do I block this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: how to block middle of the night call "unknown"

Community Manager
Community Manager

It's disturbing to get calls during the middle of the night, NELDOU78. Let me help with a great way to have the numbers blocked. Since the numbers are unknown, you could use our Family Base service. Here's a link for more information http://vz.to/2t1yPvo and scroll down to that section of giving more details , 

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

It's disturbing to get calls during the middle of the night, NELDOU78. Let me help with a great way to have the numbers blocked. Since the numbers are unknown, you could use our Family Base service. Here's a link for more information http://vz.to/2t1yPvo and scroll down to that section of giving more details , 

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

davehul

Verizon does not offer a way to block all "unknown" calls.   This is needed badly.   virtually 100% of "unknown" calls are spam.   We want to block them all.   When is Verizon going to give us this capability?

SamCarCait

What this response fails to include is that Verizon will charge you $10/month to block "unavailable" calls. With the amount of my monthly wireless bill and the serious issues people have with these calls, Verizon should offer it for NO CHARGE. Have a little self-respect, Verizon, and stop trying to milk us for every penny in every possible scenario. My husband has been getting over 20 calls a day from unknown/unavailable numbers, including the wee hours of the morning and you want me to pay YOU $10/month for something you should be doing ANYWAYS?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Getting unwanted/unknown calls is annoying, I agree, davehul. We want you to use your service without any unnecessary interruptions within your day, like spam calls. How often do you get these calls? Have you checked out our Call Filter app yet? If not, I think this is what you have been waiting for. You can learn more and get started here by clicking on this link.https://vz.to/2Cm3wxO.   JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes

Glassgal

Where is the fee cal blocker that you have been touting?  Ten day free then 2.99 per month!!!! I am a stock holder and will make my voice heard at the next stock holder meeting!  Scam bock is a scam! 

Jking212

you are wrong JoeyM_VZW

CallFilter does not block Unknown 

the best way to do this is to switch to AT&T which offers the service Free

0 Likes

cwatoh

Link does not work...

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear the link isn't working for you. Please tell me, what happens when you try to open the link? I wanted to provide you a link to the How to use Guide. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-call-filter/ try it and tell me how does it work.

VanetrisC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

criffratner

Hello, I have the call filter app on my phone, the trial period blocked only 1 (ONE) unknown call. I get 3 or more a day from UNKNOWN, No number no nothing, I swipe down to Decline but the calls still keep comming... 

0 Likes