How do I block this kind of spam?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: blocking SPAM

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

If you're on a post-paid account and log into your on-line MyVerizon account, look under Manage My Device and click the blue Block Calls and Messages.  At the top of the page, click the blue Manage Family Safeguards & Controls.  Scroll down to Internet Spam Blocking, then click the blue View Details & Edit.  Choose the appropriate line at the top, if applicable.  Check the boxes for 'block all text messages sent from the web' and 'block all text messages sent from e-mail', then click Apply.

Ann154
Expert

You can block all text messages sent from the Web with a setting in your MyVerizon account online.

For now you can forward the message to "SPAM (7726) and follow the instructions in the reply from VZW.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Kpez

Thanks for the reply.

I forwarded the message to 7726 (SPAM).

But it is not possible, using the webform provided, to block a text message received from an email address.

Thoughts?

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

If you're on a post-paid account and log into your on-line MyVerizon account, look under Manage My Device and click the blue Block Calls and Messages.  At the top of the page, click the blue Manage Family Safeguards & Controls.  Scroll down to Internet Spam Blocking, then click the blue View Details & Edit.  Choose the appropriate line at the top, if applicable.  Check the boxes for 'block all text messages sent from the web' and 'block all text messages sent from e-mail', then click Apply.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

tikibar1,

Great advice and steps! I just wanted to chime and offer all the safguards benefits we offer at no additional cost http://vz.to/1af0LgY .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes

stersource

HUH?????   i just want to report or block spam calls

0 Likes