How do I assign a name to numbers on my bill?

How do I assign a name to each cell number in my bill?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Name assign

Sr. Leader

After re-reading your post, I thought you also might be talking about how to assign a name to each phone line on your bill.  If that's the question, then again with the desktop version of My Verizon open, look under My Devices and click on a phone line so that it'll appear below that section with various choices next to a picture of the phone.  Click on Edit Device Name (in blue just to the right of the phone number), rename the line/device to your liking, then click Save Changes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

The 'nickname' feature can be finicky sometimes and not work correctly.  So if it doesn't work, try again later.  I recently used it and it seemed to be working fine, for now. 

Using the desktop version of My Verizon, open the call log and click on a phone number.  You should then get a pop-up box where you can enter the nickname.  Once you type in the nickname, click Add.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

After re-reading your post, I thought you also might be talking about how to assign a name to each phone line on your bill.  If that's the question, then again with the desktop version of My Verizon open, look under My Devices and click on a phone line so that it'll appear below that section with various choices next to a picture of the phone.  Click on Edit Device Name (in blue just to the right of the phone number), rename the line/device to your liking, then click Save Changes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

I want to apply a NAME to EACH DIFFERENT phone number on my bill..... NOT RENAME my device.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

The answer was provided in a post earlier in the thread, i.e., 

Using the desktop version of My Verizon, open the call log and click on a phone number.  You should then get a pop-up box where you can enter the nickname.  Once you type in the nickname, click Add.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying, HankATP. I'm happy to help. I would need to access your account details to make this change. Please check your private messages.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How do I assign a name to numbers on my bill?

I have tried setting the device nickname and it has been set for all devices, but that does not change/update the name that appears on the bill overview page or the PDF bill. Please help me to get this updated correctly.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How do I assign a name to numbers on my bill?

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are here to help get your lines identified. To get started, we will need account access. We will send a Private Note, to continue. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Covid19