Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Collect calls

Community Manager
Community Manager

We certainly want to ensure you are able to stay in touch with everyone that you need to reach. Cell phones are a little tricky with collect calls. Due to wireless system limitations, collect calls cannot be placed or received on wireless devices. There isn't a way that billing systems are able to charge your account for the call. We apologize for any inconvenience. Is there an alternate way that you can reach the user that requested to call you collect?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We certainly want to ensure you are able to stay in touch with everyone that you need to reach. Cell phones are a little tricky with collect calls. Due to wireless system limitations, collect calls cannot be placed or received on wireless devices. There isn't a way that billing systems are able to charge your account for the call. We apologize for any inconvenience. Is there an alternate way that you can reach the user that requested to call you collect?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

PANSY_LUVER, we want to make sure you have the features you need for your phone. I'm here to help you. I just need some information. Is your request for a postpaid or prepay account? Is this for a smartphone?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

naansalad

you can google third party app or service who can or might help you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Rayyvyn1

I don't see why this should be such an issue. While I understand it would take some cooperation between Cellphone Providers,since this one is only to everyone's benefit(a new service they can charge for), it would behoove them all to come to an agreement & get it approved by the FCC(if this is something that'd need to go through them)

On the how.You already know our #'s & have a method to charge us for "minutes" if we make a call,and a method for telling us who called us.So the fix would take some very simple coding to create an automated (or add it to C.S skills)system method for the Account holder,with Verizon,to have the Minutes be charged to their phone.There'd also have to be a means for other companies to know whose charge it was.The simplest method of this is a tone other devices/companies could easily recognise...like the tone that signifies Call disconnect.

This could either be charged by the rates their plan already charges,either in Minute Rates,or free if they had an Unlimited one (Though since you're the most expensive company there is,I'm sure you'd also charge either a Special Features-Collect Call charge,if they had the Minutes Plan,or Charge the ppl W/ the Unlimited Plan either the same one time charge,or for that call alone,charge for ea minute the call lasts,at whatever rate you decide Collect Calls would be.)

Caveat. Due to anti-fraud laws,etc,I'm guessing they could only be made from identifiable phone accounts or Pay Phones registered on the "Clearinghouse" open info listings..no burners,no blocked ID's,etc

Can't be that hard,lol,after all,the old "Ma Bell" figured out how to do it from Landlines,& Pay Phones from all over the world,since phones began !