Highlighted

How did I use half my data in one day?

I have an 8GB data plan that had a little over 2GB rolled over from the previous month, with a monthly cycle date of the 23rd.  On the 24th, I needed to use my hotspot for a few hours (3-4) to access some websites while the local Wi-Fi router was down; I wasn't doing any data-intensive activities like downloading large files, streaming video, etc., yet on the 26th I received a notice that I was already down to 50% of my data allotment for the month!  I'm trying to understand what could have possibly used over 5GB of data in just a few hours if I wasn't using any of the "usual suspects" for data usage & had the majority of my background services turned off; anyone have any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How did I use half my data in one day?

Sr. Leader

KESSA1111 wrote:

I have an 8GB data plan that had a little over 2GB rolled over from the previous month, with a monthly cycle date of the 23rd. On the 24th, I needed to use my hotspot for a few hours (3-4) to access some websites while the local Wi-Fi router was down; I wasn't doing any data-intensive activities like downloading large files, streaming video, etc., yet on the 26th I received a notice that I was already down to 50% of my data allotment for the month! I'm trying to understand what could have possibly used over 5GB of data in just a few hours if I wasn't using any of the "usual suspects" for data usage & had the majority of my background services turned off; anyone have any suggestions?

hotspot?  Did you connect a computer?  You have to watch out for updates.  There was a 1.6GB patch I believe that should have been downloaded and it may have not alerted you to install it just yet. 

0 Likes