Highlighted

How could I use almost a gig of data at 330am while my phone is at home connected to wifi?

FRAFIT65

How could I use almost a gig of data at 330am while my phone is at home connected to wifi?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: How could I use almost a gig of data at 330am while my phone is at home connected to wifi?

Ann154
Expert

Which phone model do you have? Are you actually turning off the cellular data connection when you expect to be connected to a wifi router for extended periods of time? It is possible the wifi radio went to sleep in standby mode to save battery allowing the cellular data connection to become active again and background data was synced.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Re: How could I use almost a gig of data at 330am while my phone is at home connected to wifi?

FRAFIT65

Samsung S9+

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

That phone model has an on board data counter. Have you reviewed it to see which applications are using the data?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader
0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

FRAFIT65, we understand wanting to know where your data is going, and we want to help. There are a  few reasons why your phone may have used data while your were sleeping. Two of the main possibilites are that the Wi-Fi device may have temporarily disabled or lost connected, or that you may have Wi-Fi Assist on. If Wi-Fi Assist is active, then it would haave you conect to data during times that your Wi-Fi connection temporarily slows down. Here are the steps to check:

1. Launch Settings app.

2. Tap Cellular.

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and switch the Wi-Fi Assist toggle to off.

PriscillaG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes