Highlighted

How can this situation be fixed?

For the past week I have been trying to set up a "My Verizon" account for my wife's smart phone. It keeps saying I have put in the wrong password. Finally Verizon sent me a password by US Mail and the web-site says that is the wrong password as well. Verizon you need to get your act together. Your phone reps have no idea how to help other than to say you are not doing something right. I know computers and how to set up accounts. Get this problem with your system fixed or start getting ready to lose customers.   I can not get a rep on the phone after a 45 min wait. So I will ask Verizon. How can the above situation be fixed?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: How can this situation be fixed?

Sr. Leader

Maybe you are not aware how MyVerizon works. There are 2 access levels: OWNER / MEMBER. EACH line on Verizon gets its own MyVerizon access level if they want. There is not only 1 MyVerizon for the account owner. There are things in MyVerizon which you MUST be signed in under the specific number in order to maintain the information for that number. The account owner signed in under their number cannot MANAGE these items for the other lines. It MUST be done when signed in under that SPECIFIC number. Some of these items would include, but are not limited to, maintaining/backup the contacts for that line and Verizon integrated messaging for that line. Whether or not you use them is completely up to the user, but they CAN be quite useful if one wants to use them.

To the OP, I have no problem maintaining 4 LINES and 4 SEPARATE MyVerizon ACCESS LEVELS for my family.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Not applicable

Yes they will lose customer because MILLIONS of other are having NO issues. How do you now for 100% certain it's not on your end? You have not even mention what OS or browser you are using and yet you are asking how something can be fixed and you don't provide BASIC information.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I take it you are a Verizon employee. Do me a favor. Google this------> My Verizon account for 2nd phone not working.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey Old_Man,

Why are you trying to set up a new account for your wife?

Login to your account and add your wife's device to it. You can assign her as an Account Manager, so she will have all privileges as you do with the account.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon told me to so my wife could manage her account through my Verizon.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Wouldn't that be too much work to maintain two accounts? If Verizon comes up with new family plans, you might miss out because you have separate accounts.

So I suggest you add your wife's device to your account and give her the Account Manager privileges. That way you won't miss out on family plans and lets you neatly manage your family's usage on one single account.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Maybe you are not aware how MyVerizon works. There are 2 access levels: OWNER / MEMBER. EACH line on Verizon gets its own MyVerizon access level if they want. There is not only 1 MyVerizon for the account owner. There are things in MyVerizon which you MUST be signed in under the specific number in order to maintain the information for that number. The account owner signed in under their number cannot MANAGE these items for the other lines. It MUST be done when signed in under that SPECIFIC number. Some of these items would include, but are not limited to, maintaining/backup the contacts for that line and Verizon integrated messaging for that line. Whether or not you use them is completely up to the user, but they CAN be quite useful if one wants to use them.

To the OP, I have no problem maintaining 4 LINES and 4 SEPARATE MyVerizon ACCESS LEVELS for my family.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Not applicable

Old_Man wrote:

I take it you are a Verizon employee. Do me a favor. Google this------> My Verizon account for 2nd phone not working.

The fact that neither my name nor my avatar says I'm a Verizon employee is a HUGE clue that I'm not.

0 Likes