How can I see a detailed call log?

Davefrompa

How can I see a detailed call log of calls made to my phone, there have been several calls made to my phone when it was off and they went to voice mail, I would like a to see the number of the phone that called with the time and date.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Detailed Call Log

Community Manager
Community Manager

I can certainly appreciate wanting as much information about your phone calls as possible, Davefrompa. Only incoming calls that were answered will appear in your detailed call log. Since calls that are directed to your voice mail would not be billed any airtime on your account those calls will not appear in any online call records. If a caller leaves a message, you can retrieve any caller information (time, date, number if available) by pressing 5 for envelope information while the message is playing https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-voice-mail/ .

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

pherson
Leader

If your phone was off the call won't show. If they left a message you may be able to listen to the message header in the voicemail system itself. By the way if the phone was off how do you know the calls went to voicemail?

0 Likes

Davefrompa

Hello pherson

Thank you for writing, I am trying to find a way to view a detailed call log which shows all calls received with the time and date. To answer your question, when I turn my phone on, I get a message telling me I missed a call or text, it then asks me to "View Now" or "View Later" the same goes for voice mail, it says I have a "Voice Mail" and asks me to "Listen Now" or "Listen Later". it will show someone called voice mail but not the number that called or when. So my goal is to view a detailed call log.

0 Likes

pherson
Leader

If the phone was OFF you will not be ABLE to see a log as it did not register with the network. A call will not register if it's not answered.

0 Likes

pherson
Leader

You can view a detailed log of calls taken while the phone was on at myverizon online but not those while your phone was off.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I can certainly appreciate wanting as much information about your phone calls as possible, Davefrompa. Only incoming calls that were answered will appear in your detailed call log. Since calls that are directed to your voice mail would not be billed any airtime on your account those calls will not appear in any online call records. If a caller leaves a message, you can retrieve any caller information (time, date, number if available) by pressing 5 for envelope information while the message is playing https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-voice-mail/ .

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Rcarlisle99

This is a very frustrating case.  One should not need to call in to see who called.    Visual voicemail would help, but that's gone. Painful. 

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We definitely want to make sure you're able to access your Voicemail in the way that's convenient for you. Having to dial instead of using Visual Voicemail can be frustrating, and we are here to help. Please tell us, when did you notice Visual Voicemail was gone? Did you make any changes to your service or device prior to noticing that Visual Voicemail was gone? 

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes