Highlighted

How can I re-suspend my service for another 3 months?

leeladunn

My service is currently suspended because I'm living in Thailand and the suspension is almost up. I need to re-suspend before I get charges for a service I can't use. The My Verizon section only gives me the option of reactivating my account, I can't easily or cheaply talk to someone over the phone overseas, and I can't find an email address to address my request to. Please help!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: How can I re-suspend my service for another 3 months?

deloused

Yes you can do it immediately and for up to 180 days. Depending on the type of phone you have you may be able to use it with a more cost effective carrier SIM card from Thailand instead of using it with Verizon's service, or sell the device privately as the resale prices tend to be much higher than trade in prices.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

deloused

You can suspend your service for up to 90 days at a time for a total of 180 days in a rolling calendar year. Currently while suspended you'll see the reconnect option, and after its reconnected you'll see options to suspend the service again.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/suspend-service-faqs/

0 Likes

leeladunn

So if I hit reconnect then I will have the option to re-suspend immediately after without charges?

0 Likes

deloused

As long as you have not exceeded the 180 days within the past year yes that will work.

0 Likes

leeladunn

Can I immediately re-suspend my account after clicking "reactivate" without being charged?

And can I really only do this for 180 days?

I signed up for the Edge program because I was going to be traveling abroad and I was told I could turn in my phone and Verizon would buy it back as long as it was in good condition and end service at no charge. This was true in that my service would end at no charge, but I was mislead in that I would still be charged full retail price for the phone and that Verizon would only buy it back for $199 (or something close to that number). This is not an agreement I would have said yes to seeing as I knew I'd be leaving. Anyway, I'm stuck paying that monthly bill, and if I can no longer suspend my service I'll be forced to shell out a few hundred dollars at once, which is not something I can easily do on a third world salary. Due to unexpected hospital bills, I'm also not able to afford to come back to the United States in April, and Verizon isn't offered in Thailand. I do plan on returning at some point, but probably not within the 180 days of my first suspension. Is there any way around this?

-Leela

0 Likes

deloused

Yes you can do it immediately and for up to 180 days. Depending on the type of phone you have you may be able to use it with a more cost effective carrier SIM card from Thailand instead of using it with Verizon's service, or sell the device privately as the resale prices tend to be much higher than trade in prices.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

leeladunn

Thanks for the help

0 Likes